Windows 10: Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

Discus and support Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BiNightMan, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it takes me to the Windows Security Screen in Settings and I don't see anything for Windows Firewall. I clicked every option on that screen and didn't see anything for Firewall. The closest thing was Windows Defender Antivirus options under Virus & Threat Protection.

Going a round about way thru Control Panel, I get to a Windows Defender Firewall check screen and there's a red box that says "Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer" with a button next to it that says "Use recommended settings". I click on it and it does nothing. In fact all the links on that page are not working except for Troubleshoot my network. I try the Troubleshoot for Incoming Connections which covers my internet connection & Windows firewall. It came back clean.

In addition to this, some of my Microsoft apps suddenly got greyed out. Mail, Calendar and 2 games. I tried deleting the games & reinstalling and each time they download OK then fail during install. I've gone through the Microsoft Store to do this by the way.

I did some internet searching and found that some people are having similar problems after installing the Windows 10 Cumulative update KB4541335. This was an optional update, but it did pop up in my Windows Update notification, so I installed it. This would have been March 25th. The problems only showed up 2 days ago and I haven't installed any new software.

I've tried everything to remove/back out this KB4541335 update but can't. Tried to get Microsoft Support, but after spending an hour with them and getting nowhere, I gave up.

Is anyone having the same or similar issues? Those people that haven't installed the cumulative KB4541335 update, I'd suggest you don't.

:)

BiNightMan, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Cannot turn on network firewall for windows10 - SOLVED

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

You mean to say, the option is grayed out?

Is this started to happen recently?

What happens when you tried to turn on Firewall?

Usually, Windows Firewall shouldn't be in turn off state unless you have another firewall turned on. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your PC (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

To turn Windows Firewall on or off:

• Click Start,

• In Search, type firewall, and then select
      Windows Firewall.

• Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off on left pane. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

• Select Turn on Windows Firewall checkbox's and click
      OK

• Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your administrator.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

1. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself - Similar Threads - Firewall Turned Off

2. Screentime turning turning itself off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screentime turning turning itself off: Hi I have screentime setup for my child and randomly the screen time keeps turning itselft off. Often i find why my child has gone over his limit and then when i go and check the usage i see that screen time limits are turned off. i know for a fact that he doens't have the...
  3. Screentime turning turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screentime turning turning itself off: Hi I have screentime setup for my child and randomly the screen time keeps turning itselft off. Often i find why my child has gone over his limit and then when i go and check the usage i see that screen time limits are turned off. i know for a fact that he doens't have the...
  4. Screentime turning turning itself off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7: Hello:Please how can I turn of windows defender and windows firewall on my windows7computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-windows-defender-and-firewall-off-on/0af99386-fcb2-4127-9f50-ade92c52b857
  6. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  7. How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?

How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?: 1. Since our Windows 10-Home is on a router I've been told that I don't need to have the Windows Firewall On. Assuming that is still true, how do I turn off the warning message that the firewall is off? 2. How do I get the Malwarebyes icon to be pinned to the always visible...
  8. Windows firewall turned off notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall turned off notification: My question is how do i stop seeing this notification everytime i turn on my pc? It pops on like the 3rd minute on every boot and it's a little annoying and i know i got it turned off. [ATTACH]...
  9. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  10. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...