Windows 10: Windows Firewall, when does it pops up a Security Alert and what does it block

Discus and support Windows Firewall, when does it pops up a Security Alert and what does it block in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, When running a Java application after some time the application raises a Windows Security Alert. It seems to not block the internet connections.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ido sorozon, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Windows Firewall, when does it pops up a Security Alert and what does it block

Hi,

When running a Java application after some time the application raises a Windows Security Alert. It seems to not block the internet connections.

When does it pops it and what does it block?

Thanks,

Ido Sorozon

:)

ido sorozon, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Windows Firewall security alert keeps popping up.

Hello,

Windows Firewall plays an important part in helping to protect your computer against virus and security threats. Your concern is cause by a conflicting changes in your security settings. However we suggest that you turn off Security messages for Network
    firewall temporarily to check if the issue persists. Follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left side, click Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck the box on the left side of Network firewall.
    • Restart your computer.

After an hour, enable Network firewall again. We also recommend that you use another browser and check if the issue persists.

Note: If you disable Windows Firewall for a long period of time, your computer will be more vulnerable to unauthorized access to your network.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Windows Firewall security alert keeps popping up.

For some reason, the Windows security alert window ("Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app") keeps popping up for me, every time I start certain programms (e.g. chrome, games...).

I give it permissions to cummunicate via my private network (I'm in a set private network, so that's fine), but it still will come up the next time I start the programm.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It's really annoying, and Windows itself isn't capable of resetting itself without deleting all the stuff that I have installed.

zehDoughnut, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall, when does it pops up a Security Alert and what does it block

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows Firewall, when does it pops up a Security Alert and what does it block

1. Windows Firewall, when does it pops up a Security Alert and what does it block - Similar Threads - Firewall does pops

2. What does Windows Security check?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does Windows Security check?: I was wondering if Windows Security is the only thing I need to check if my computer has been infected with malware, etc. I have recently clicked the "unsubscribe" feature on the bottom of random emails, not knowing those can also infect your computer with malware. I have...
  3. What does Windows Security check?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does Windows Security check?: I was wondering if Windows Security is the only thing I need to check if my computer has been infected with malware, etc. I have recently clicked the "unsubscribe" feature on the bottom of random emails, not knowing those can also infect your computer with malware. I have...
  4. Blocked Executable does not bring up windows security Alert in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked Executable does not bring up windows security Alert in Windows 11: I noticed that when I try to open a blocked executable instead of giving me the alert that the file is blocked it gives me a search for app in the store prompt. Unblocking the exe allows the application to launch but I should be getting some sort of other error message saying...
  5. Blocked Executable does not bring up windows security Alert in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked Executable does not bring up windows security Alert in Windows 11: I noticed that when I try to open a blocked executable instead of giving me the alert that the file is blocked it gives me a search for app in the store prompt. Unblocking the exe allows the application to launch but I should be getting some sort of other error message saying...
  6. Security Alert Pop Ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Security Alert Pop Ups: im running 1909 and recently had some updates since then I am getting security alerts pop up when on certain sites not sure which ones though is this usual behaviour? TIA Bart 168007
  7. Does anyone know what this pop up is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what this pop up is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Panthicanes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8mvod/does_anyone_know_what_this_pop_up_is/
  8. Windows Defender Firewall Security Alert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall Security Alert: I got a Windows Security Alert Saying Windows Defender Firewallhas blocked some features of Google Chrome on all public private networks. Name: Google Chrome Says: This app has already been blocked or unblocked for a different network type. Allow Google Chrome to...
  9. a problem with a security alert popping up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a problem with a security alert popping up: I just turn on my Dell laptop Inspiron 15-3541 OS Win 10 Home 32 bit. I am on my backup laptop and backup ISP. The primary ISP is down. The Dell laptop has no internet connection but I keep getting this "Security Alert" window on the Dell. See the Dropbox link Dropbox -...
  10. Internet Security Alert POP-UP Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet Security Alert POP-UP Scam: I have Pcmatik but I keep getting the above listed virus. I am told I have to buy a program called ReimageRepair to fix the problem. I thought Pcmatik was supposed to take care of this? frumenti...