Windows 10: Windows Firewall wont start from services

Discus and support Windows Firewall wont start from services in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open Windows Firewall from services it shows error message 'Windows could not start the windows defender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Darko_04, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Darko_04 Win User

Windows Firewall wont start from services

Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open Windows Firewall from services it shows error message

'Windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer

Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start'

This problem started with no ethernet connection and no firewall. I found a solution for ethernet with some cmd commands

and i restarted my PC. Later when i turn on PC i dont have firewall.

:)

Darko_04, Apr 13, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Windows Firewall wont work anymore = no online gaming

Not related to this issue...

The issue is the service is not starting, most likely it is not starting because it is disabled for one reason or another in the system services list.

Windows and other Firewall software, runs independently from your internet options or network connections. Norton itself will look to see if you have a firewall installed or setup, if you don't it will try to sell your its own. *Smile Windows Firewall wont start from services :)

niko084, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Windows Firewall wont start. Fonts will not install

This is a picture of my Regedit, where you suggested I look. I assume you mean to the right, there is a Name called '' Start - REG_DWORD '' ; I then press that to Modify : a value of ''2'' is already present after pressing selecting Modify . Now what do I do ?

Windows Firewall wont start from services [​IMG]

OtherWay1982, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Windows Firewall wont start from services

Windows Firewall wont work anymore = no online gaming

Niko084: I done what you said and I went down to Windows Firewall and clicked start....it then gives me this error:

Could not start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing(ICS) service on local computer.
    Error 1075 The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

Iam no expert...but that sounds horribly wrong...marked for deletion??? lol

Irish_PXzyan, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Firewall wont start from services

1. Windows Firewall wont start from services - Similar Threads - Firewall wont start

2. WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work: Recently, I began receiving alerts that Windows Defender Firewall failed to start. It happens when I start my PC, every time. If I try to open the Firewall from Security, I get the "a new app is required to open this windowsdefender link" popup. If I try to start it from...
  3. WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work: Recently, I began receiving alerts that Windows Defender Firewall failed to start. It happens when I start my PC, every time. If I try to open the Firewall from Security, I get the "a new app is required to open this windowsdefender link" popup. If I try to start it from...
  4. WIndows Firewall failed to start, cannot be started from Services, no fixes work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Service "Windows Defender Firewall" wont start HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service "Windows Defender Firewall" wont start HELP!!!: When i try to start the service "Windows Defender Firewall" it says "Windows could not start the Windows Defender Firewall on Local Computer, For more information on, review the System Event Log. if this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to...
  6. Windows Firewall service not starting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Firewall service not starting: so the story goes back to a week when i pirated malware bytes anti malware and i think that is the reason why this has happen.The pirated zip file contained a executable and the pirate said to run this as admin i did it because he was a trusted pirated however i can tell that...
  7. Windows firewall service wont turn on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows firewall service wont turn on: So before I knew that stopping the firewall service is an "unsupported configuration" which btw shouldn't be I found a way to stop it. But as of the last windows update, it is impossible to change anything about the firewall service - all the buttons are grayed out. Now I am...
  8. Windows Firewall; Can't start service

Windows Firewall; Can't start service: As title says it, I can't start Windows Firewall. I changed permissions in registry so now I can at least run BFE, as it wasn't running before, but firewall is still stuck in "Starting" stage. No fixes seem to help.[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Firewall wont start. Fonts will not install

Windows Firewall wont start. Fonts will not install: *Sad My problem is outlined in these two threads and stated better then I can; they also show the same errors im getting with some pictures at these two links .Yet they don't offer a working solution to my problem. 1 Enable Windows 10 firewall to install fonts - 404 Tech...
  10. Can't start Windows Firewall service

Can't start Windows Firewall service: When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing. [img] And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error: [img] Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 the windows defender firewall service on local computer started and then stopped

2. windows defender firewall wont start in services