Windows 10: Windows Firewall

Discus and support Windows Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I've been reading a lot of articles about the shortfalls of windows firewall and how it more or less lets everything in. I myself have never seen... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jack660, May 10, 2020.

1. Jack660 Win User

Windows Firewall

Hi.

I've been reading a lot of articles about the shortfalls of windows firewall and how it more or less lets everything in. I myself have never seen a warning from the windows firewall but then again maybe i never encountered anything very malicious. So im wondering if i should install a third-party firewall and if yes which one?

:)

Jack660, May 10, 2020

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, May 10, 2020
  3. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, May 10, 2020
  4. Windows Firewall

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Firewall

1. Windows Firewall - Similar Threads - Firewall

2. scvhost.exe is being blocked by firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scvhost.exe is being blocked by firewall: I first got the notification from free avast software saying "MALWARE BLOCKED-no action is required" from the file source C:\Windows\System32\scvhost.exe. I ran a full scan to detect the malware yet found nothing. Thinking maybe it was a trojan masking itself, I switched to...
  3. Firefox and Chrome have internet access without being on the firewall's allowed apps list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox and Chrome have internet access without being on the firewall's allowed apps list: I had some problems with my windows firewall and decided to just restore it to the default settings. However I noticed that I can still open web pages in Firefox and Chrome even though I have not yet added the to list of allowed apps. Have I simply not understood how a...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall blocked Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable

Windows Defender Firewall blocked Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable: Why must I approve a firewall exception for Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable? This must have been triggered by an update but might be something more dangerous. Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family...
  5. Firewall

Firewall: Hello, I know this is a Windows Forum but does anyone have an opinion on the Tinywall Firewall and also do any of you know of a place I can learn more about it.and not on its website. Thanks...
  6. Help - Firewall error 0x45B

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help - Firewall error 0x45B: I can't get the firewall to turn on. I keep getting the error 0x45b. The service is running. The task called "LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall 2" is using constantly 11% - 18% of the CPU. When I execute any firewall related command in the cmd: "An unrecoverable Windows...
  7. Windows Firewall blocked some features of this app keeps popping up

Windows Firewall blocked some features of this app keeps popping up: I get this popup with Plex Media Sever, Plex Media Player, and Calibre. All three apps are in the pass list for both Bullguard and Windows Defender Firewall. Why does this happen and how can I stop it? I have tried just about every proposed fix I can find on the net. 157051
  8. [Bug?] Windows Firewall/WFP unable to process service-only rules properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Bug?] Windows Firewall/WFP unable to process service-only rules properly: Not a single manual service-targeting rule I create is working with Windows Firewall policy inALL BLOCK mode both incoming and outgoing. Neither built-in Windows services that are being run throughSvcHost nor custom services with separate process are matching my properly...
  9. Firewalls

Firewalls: Does anyone know of any 3rd party Firewalls that wont shutoff Windows Firewall but rather works along side it, Because as time goes on their is growing evidence that Windows firewall just doesn't cut it.???? Thank you see this youtube video...
  10. Firewall turn off when restart impact to Microsoft store stop working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firewall turn off when restart impact to Microsoft store stop working: Hello, I'm having an issue with Win10 1909 Home edition firewall, whenever I restart my laptop the firewall is getting turn off. I need to turn on manually. This is impact on Microsoft stop working update. Please note I have Avast Premium Security installed on my system....