Windows 10: Windows Firewall

Discus and support Windows Firewall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today i did few changes in my registry editor and then i restarted my laptop and i get my firewall is off and i am not able to use audio service too.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DedsecPL, Sep 21, 2020.

1. DedsecPL Win User

Windows Firewall

Today i did few changes in my registry editor and then i restarted my laptop and i get my firewall is off and i am not able to use audio service too. This is Third time happeing the same. I tried to find out but doesn't get any proper solution. Previous two times i had to format my laptop but i don't want to do it again. Can anyone help me with this please....

:)

DedsecPL, Sep 21, 2020

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Sep 21, 2020
  3. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Windows Firewall

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows Firewall

1. Windows Firewall - Similar Threads - Firewall

2. Can't solve "windows defender firewall is using setting that makes your device unsafe"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't solve "windows defender firewall is using setting that makes your device unsafe": A message shows up on security settings saying "windows defender firewall is using setting that makes your device unsafe" but i couldn't solve the problem i tried restoring windows defender firewall settings it doesn't allow me to a message shows up saying that it can't...
  3. antivirus/firewall protection

antivirus/firewall protection: will another virus protection like Norton interfere with the windows firewall etc how are they compatible and is it necessary to have both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirusfirewall-protection/154c365d-95f3-454f-85a8-7ea043e0a190
  4. Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working

Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working: Hi there, I was having this problem since this morning, and I don't know how to fix this. Regards. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-and-windows-firewall-not-working/ee671fa2-ba76-4988-b34f-cacbe0cc9fa9
  5. Firewalls and App Security

Firewalls and App Security: I run a program for my CAD called CREO and it requires a license to run. Whenever thee is a windows update it won't start stating a license error. I disable the virus protection and turn the wi fi off and it normally starts again. Wondering if there is something I can do...
  6. Why some rules in the firewall get re-enabled after I explicitly disabled them??

Why some rules in the firewall get re-enabled after I explicitly disabled them??: Hello dear people and AI's How is it that after I disable and explicitly block every uneeded connection in the firewall and I power off my pc and power it back on I sometimes find reenabled rules OR EVEN NEW ONES, in the inbound and outbound section of the firewall, without...
  7. Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall: Should I use a second software firewall together with the windows firewall? Will the windows firewall automatically turn off when installing third-party firewall software or will they run together?...
  8. Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall

Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall: I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508). I'm trying to start the Windows Defender Firewall service but seems to be imposible. I tried these: 1. Run Windows Troubleshooter (this is joke app!) 2. Checked Windows Defender Firewall Service's Properties....
  9. I am an elderly person and getting calls from Network Security Firewall. I have never heard...

I am an elderly person and getting calls from Network Security Firewall. I have never heard...: I am an elderly person and getting calls from Network Security Firewall. I have never heard of them the only firewall I have is Windows. He is threatening me to take it out of my bank account. I have bad anxiety, I thank I will change my phone # and see if that will help,...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app: I get the message above everytime I launch a new application and I’m confused as to what to choose. For this case specifically, it’s for a multiplayer game. Should I cancel or allow access to private networks, public networks, or both? Would anyone care to explain what...