Windows 10: Windows Firewall

Discus and support Windows Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have no idea what happened, but I see that the Firewall in the Security Providers is "No Provider". I attach the screenshot below, I'm sorry it's not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Minnie, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Minnie Win User

Windows Firewall

I have no idea what happened, but I see that the Firewall in the Security Providers is "No Provider". I attach the screenshot below, I'm sorry it's not in English, but I couldn't do anything else. Thanks Shawn if you can help me. Widows 10 21H1 build 19043.1110

:)

Minnie, Aug 1, 2021

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Aug 1, 2021
  3. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Windows Firewall

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows Firewall

1. Windows Firewall - Similar Threads - Firewall

2. Unblock app running on another network PC in Windows Defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unblock app running on another network PC in Windows Defender firewall: I want to be able to use LibreOffice on my Win10 Pro PC - Desktop - to access documents on another Win10 Pro PC - NUC. Desktop and NUC are both connected to my private network. I've tried to allow the LibreOffice app through the firewall on NUC, but it's not in the list of...
  3. WSL2 and firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WSL2 and firewall: In my WSL2:- eth0: 172.29.123.182/20- /etc/resolv.conf: nameserver 172.29.112.1- curl http://some-working-urlIn Windows\System32\LogFiles\Firewall\pfirewall.log:DROP UDP 172.29.123.182 172.29.112.1 53718 53 98 - - - - - - - RECEIVEThen I created a rule in Windows Defender...
  4. local nonetwork firewall safe?

local nonetwork firewall safe?: is it normal to have this in task manager? i didn't have this yesterday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-nonetwork-firewall-safe/e5d051ff-505f-43ee-9951-61d30d0a628c
  5. Windows Apps blocked by Bitdefender Firewall legit? I Need help in Identifying if these are...

Windows Apps blocked by Bitdefender Firewall legit? I Need help in Identifying if these are...: Hi, I need help identifying these Windows Apps I blocked from communicating in the internet through Bitdefender Firewall. Are these apps legitimate and critically needed for Windows to function? Specific explanation/answer about each application is much appreciated. The...
  6. How to block all programs in a given location using Windows Firewall?

How to block all programs in a given location using Windows Firewall?: This post is an extension to my earlier post on the same subject.The batch file linked in that post does a good job of adding rules to Windows Firewall.The problem with this is that the number of rules can become too large over time. Also, a new set of rules must be created...
  7. Security or Firewall settings blocking my connection

Security or Firewall settings blocking my connection: Hi, I'm new to this place so I apologize if theres something wrong with this post. Im facing this issue around 2 hours ago. I cannot connect to my internet, because "Security or firewall might be blocking the connection".I've tried to :1. Re-install network adapter2. Reset...
  8. Windows 10 has multiple duplicates of network in VIPRE firewall

Windows 10 has multiple duplicates of network in VIPRE firewall: Windows 10 has multiple duplicates of network in VIPRE firewall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-multiple-duplicates-of-network-in/3cceeca1-a0ed-459f-97bf-6d3ab7c96d1e
  9. How to allow Pings (ICMP Echo requests) through Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow Pings (ICMP Echo requests) through Windows Firewall: [ATTACH]By default, the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security blocks ICMP Echo Requests (Pings) from the network. In this post, we will show you how to allow Pings (ICMP Echo requests) through your Windows Firewall using Command Prompt or via the Windows Firewall with...
  10. Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall: Hello Team,I believe you're doing well & keeping safe.I'm using an RPA tool to send emails to business. Sending email to business via tool is happening for more than 6 months. But all of sudden it has stopped working. We investigated the issue & found access is getting...