Windows 10: Windows Flie Sharing Issues, "The network path was not found"

Discus and support Windows Flie Sharing Issues, "The network path was not found" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am about to pull my hair out, been trying to network 2 computers for most the day and still am not having any luck... Here is what I have done, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Onelove, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Onelove Win User

Windows Flie Sharing Issues, "The network path was not found"

I am about to pull my hair out, been trying to network 2 computers for most the day and still am not having any luck... Here is what I have done, and with the new SMB change im not even sure what is and isnt needed..

I have on both computers, opened sharing to public, private, and all networks, turned network discovery on, turned off password authentication on both boxes. Disabled both firewalls.

They are in the same work group, my desktop, I can sometimes log into the share using the //servername/ but it always prompts me for my password, I do enter it and it connects. However it does not allow me to map to the drive. When I try I get
    "the network path was not found"

Also this computer my Desktop, will find my work laptop running windows 7 in the Network tab in file explorer, but not the HTPC, or itself. What is odd is when doing the grant access wizard, I clicked the option to see all shares on PC. Clicked that, and it showed me 4 shares. When I try to open them again I get the
    "the network path was not found"
    And this is a local share.....

When trying to share folders on the PC's, I tried the normal sharing tab, gave my user accounts, everyone and guest to the all the accounts. After setting this up I cannot access them doing //desktop/ or //htpc/, I get
    "The network path is not found"
    I tired to force the issue through the "Grant Access" wizard, share the folder then click the option, and no luck either.

On my HTPC in the network tab in file explorer I can see both my work laptop and itself. I can even authenticate into my work laptop.

So I am pretty much at a loss, I honestly just would like to map the shares to each other but I have had no luck getting that to work, I dread setting up winscp for this, but at this point im about to do it, b/c this is beyond enraging.

Before anyone checks in with the mandatory try the search feature I already did and have about 20 tabs open but nothing has directly helped.

Cheers to anyone who can help!!

:)

Onelove, Jun 13, 2019
  2. crisps Win User

Folder share issue involving network path

Yes, I see this:

Windows Flie Sharing Issues, "The network path was not found" [​IMG]

crisps, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Folder share issue involving network path

If your folder is set like I showed in the pics in the other thread, it should work. I did that on a 2nd PC that was a clean install to share a folder. It works. Is your network (Private) setup like this?

Access Denied, Jun 13, 2019
  4. crisps Win User

Folder share issue involving network path

It's the same folder. Here's the corresponding General tab:

crisps, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Flie Sharing Issues, "The network path was not found" - Similar Threads - Flie Sharing Issues

2. Network path not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network path not found: I have a windows 11 pc where it can access all the shared folders from other computers but how ever if I try to access said pc shared folders then nope I get that dread network path not found ****. I have done EVERYTHING that was told to do and it still won't doit. I have...
  3. Network path not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network path not found: I have a windows 11 pc where it can access all the shared folders from other computers but how ever if I try to access said pc shared folders then nope I get that dread network path not found ****. I have done EVERYTHING that was told to do and it still won't doit. I have...
  4. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  5. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  6. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 local area network path not found - cannot share

Windows 10 local area network path not found - cannot share: Hi, I'm stumped with this one. I have 2 Windows 10 PCs and a fairly ordinary LAN but I cannot get them to share reliably. I get "network path not found". I have tried all suggestions I've found on the web but no joy. This is the weird part: if I restart one of the 2 PCs, it...
  8. network path not found

network path not found: error code 0x80070035 path not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-path-not-found/8ebdc367-89ab-495a-816e-6321d6df8b0a
  9. Network path not found after 1803 update (Windows file sharing)

Network path not found after 1803 update (Windows file sharing): Hello! I have a home network consisting of 3 desktop PCs and 1 laptop. 3 of these are running Windows 10 1803 right now, 1 PC is running WIndows 7. I just updated 1 PC and 1 laptop to 1803 yesterday, the third one was already on 1803. Since then, I cannot access my older...
  10. Folder share issue involving network path

Folder share issue involving network path: You're welcome. I had one last thought about HomeGroup but figured you would have mentioned that by now.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot find network path

2. 0x80070035 network path not found windows 10

3. error 80070035 windows 10

4. no network path,
  5. the network path is not found