Windows 10: Windows flipped edition from Pro to Home after restored from backup

Discus and support Windows flipped edition from Pro to Home after restored from backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I used Macrium Reflect to make a backup of my Windows 10 tablet, then did some experiments with putting Linux on the thing, but was unsuccessful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChetarRuby, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Windows flipped edition from Pro to Home after restored from backup

Hi,

I used Macrium Reflect to make a backup of my Windows 10 tablet, then did some experiments with putting Linux on the thing, but was unsuccessful in getting all the tablets features to work.

So I restored the backup I made back to the tablet. After wards, the Windows 10 edition changed from Pro to Home. I tried using the magic upgrade Home to Pro CDKEY but it just give an error "Cannot upgrade your edition at this time. Try again later." I don't have the error code handy, but I can post it later if it'll be useful.

So how the heck do I get it back to Win10 Pro? I really like my tablet having bitlocker (which it did before I made that backup) to thwart people trying to use my tablet should it be stolen or lost.

I still have the original backup that I made, should it be useful somehow in restoring my tablet back to Windows 10 Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thought it'd be useful to note: Originally the tablet had Windows 10 Home, but I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro, so I'm pretty sure it's digitally licensed to both editions?

:)

ChetarRuby, Oct 18, 2018

2. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Oct 18, 2018
  4. sumasage Win User

Windows flipped edition from Pro to Home after restored from backup

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows flipped edition from Pro to Home after restored from backup

1. Windows flipped edition from Pro to Home after restored from backup - Similar Threads - flipped edition Pro

2. reverting from Win11 Pro to Home edition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reverting from Win11 Pro to Home edition.: I recently bought a window 11 pro code to upgrade my edition of windows, but I didn't know it was an installation key that you have to use when doing a clean install of windows. It wasn't a direct upgrade code. So I need to revert back to my windows 11 home license, but I...
  3. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  4. Restore From Windows Backup

Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  5. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Restoring from a windows backup

Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  7. Restoring from a windows backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  8. Restoring from a windows backup

9. Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro

Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro: Hello, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition. Once the upgrade process starts, it stalls after 10-14% and then I get message that says: "Windows Upgrade Failed Error Code: 0x800f0904 how can I get the upgrade process to complete and...
  10. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...