Windows 10: Windows folder bloated size

Discus and support Windows folder bloated size in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My System C: drive folder is only 110GB and 64GB of that is taekn up by Windows, upon investigation I found a 41GB folder called "Installer" within the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dinolaaaaaaa, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Windows folder bloated size

My System C: drive folder is only 110GB and 64GB of that is taekn up by Windows, upon investigation I found a 41GB folder called "Installer" within the Windows folder. This is killing my C drive and I don't know how to fix it, is this normal ? 64GB for Windows?Version is Windows 10.

:)

dinolaaaaaaa, Aug 9, 2022
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Windows folder bloated size

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows folder bloated size

1. Windows folder bloated size - Similar Threads - folder bloated size

2. Windows folder bloated size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows folder bloated size: My System C: drive folder is only 110GB and 64GB of that is taekn up by Windows, upon investigation I found a 41GB folder called "Installer" within the Windows folder. This is killing my C drive and I don't know how to fix it, is this normal ? 64GB for Windows?Version is...
  3. Windows folder bloated size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows folder bloated size: My System C: drive folder is only 110GB and 64GB of that is taekn up by Windows, upon investigation I found a 41GB folder called "Installer" within the Windows folder. This is killing my C drive and I don't know how to fix it, is this normal ? 64GB for Windows?Version is...
  4. File Copy Bloat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Copy Bloat: Okay, after having a large batch copy fail multiple times is there some secret to this? I've resorted to 7z'ing up any "large copy task", then copying the 7z file, then un7z'ing it on the destination drive. The weird thing is this whole process takes less time than just...
  5. Where is the bloat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the bloat?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cgfuhjcawzq41.png?width=1121&format=png&auto=webp&s=1bbece496ca8cc47ad8158545c786e5bdddc66e5 Hi All! As you can see from the imagines I am having bloat problems, I am missing 60+ GB space and I also seems to of lost permissions to some...
  6. Windows folder size...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows folder size...: This question had been asked previously, but there had been no resolution AFAIK... The "C:\Windows" folder size on my system is: [img] The three folders, that are targeted to be relocated/deleted, have a combined size of ~27 GBs. There are two backup folders that can be...
  7. bloated windows folder and slow win10 pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bloated windows folder and slow win10 pc: running windows 10 with a 23.3GB windows folder on a pc that is so slow previous answers on this site have suggested running PatchRegCleanup-x64 which when I do, results in the error message "A productcode must be specified" I have run "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online...
  8. windows bloat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows bloat: Why does windows 10 use so much disk space after installing, is there any plans to reduce this back to the sub 1gb size of yesteryear? the new win 10 update 1903 is said to block an extra 7gb on install on top of it's install size! My last install (1803) was over 16gb, so...
  9. how to clean up bloated windows folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to clean up bloated windows folder: I have a windows 10 laptop with a bloated windows folder -- almost 40 gb. on my windows 10 desktop it is just 15 gb. that's reasonable. back to the problematic laptop: I ran windows disk cleanup, with system files cleanup, and it doesn't find anything big. I checked...
  10. Folder Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Size: Hi Group, I have an internal hard drive, 1 TB, just for data. If I add up the sizes of all the folders, it is about 75 GB. But properties for the drive show it has 455 GB of data. I know it has nowhere near that. The red line appears showing it close to full. What is...