Windows 10: Windows Folder Custom Icon over LAN

Discus and support Windows Folder Custom Icon over LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a folder with a few sub-folders. Each subfolder I have created a custom icon for. The folder is Shared on my LAN. When i access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xfectivus, Jan 13, 2019.

1. xfectivus Win User

Windows Folder Custom Icon over LAN

Hi,

I've got a folder with a few sub-folders. Each subfolder I have created a custom icon for. The folder is Shared on my LAN.

When i access the folder from another computer, by default, it seems to load the default folder icon, not the custom icon I've set it to.

Is this working properly? If so, how can I change it so that my custom folder icons are cached across the network?

Basically, I want to set my custom folder icons and see them set that way from any computer on the network.

Thanks in Advance,

:)

xfectivus, Jan 13, 2019

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Jan 13, 2019
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Windows Folder Custom Icon over LAN

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Folder Custom Icon over LAN

1. Windows Folder Custom Icon over LAN - Similar Threads - Folder Custom Icon

2. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  3. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  4. Cannot customize folder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  5. Cannot customize folder icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  6. How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons: Hello! I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal icons. (example image below). (My windows version is 20H2) [img] 175981
  7. Custom Folder Icons issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom Folder Icons issue: Hello, I'm totally new to this community so I don't know if I'm posting it in the right topic. I'm making customized DVD shape folder icons for my movies. As long as it is PNG it's fine. When I convert it into *.ico with "Any to Icon" and export it to my desktop it is fine...
  8. Windows 10 folder CUSTOM icon

Windows 10 folder CUSTOM icon: Hi, I am new, so apologies if this is the wrong area to post in, I have set a 'Custom icon' via the folder properties file (Select folder, Right click, properties,etc) and I can see the image I want but it is surrounded by a folder still I was wondering if there is a fix or...
  9. Custom Folder Icons in Windows 10

Custom Folder Icons in Windows 10: I hope everyone is fine. I want to assign custom icons to my folders related to Movies, TV Series etc. I know how to do it but how do i make these custom folder icons permanent so wherever i copy paste the folder the icon goes along with it. I researched about it and did...
  10. Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders'

Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders': Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders' ----- I first posted this as a reply to a tutorial but then I noticed it is better suited here ----- First of all, thanks for this guide and all other guides that eliminate the junk that's just useless and irritating. I don't need...