Windows 10: Windows Folder default Columns

Discus and support Windows Folder default Columns in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I create a new folder in Windows 10, the default columns are Name / Date Modified / Type / Size . Is there away to change the default columns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by S.-Robert, Mar 27, 2020.

1. S.-Robert Win User

Windows Folder default Columns

When I create a new folder in Windows 10, the default columns are Name / Date Modified / Type / Size .

Is there away to change the default columns ? I would like to have other columns automatically instead of having to add them manually.

Thanks,

Robert

:)

S.-Robert, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Mar 27, 2020
  3. 3GM
    3GM Win User
    How to assign a folder column layout to subfolders?

Thank you for the response, Andre.

Unfortunately, the steps you provide do not have an effect on the folder view with regard to the column selection nor order in which they appear.

Current default columns for "Music" type view:

Name # Title Contributing Artists Album

Desired columns and order

Name Date Modified Length Size Title Date Created

4. Paola Gar Win User

File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a default view)

Hi,

To clarify your concern, we'd like to know if you're trying to change the width of all columns to fit their contents in a folder. If yes, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the folder with a details layout view that you want to change the width of columns to fit.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Click on Size all columns to fit in the ribbon.

Windows Folder default Columns eeea339d-a1e0-4522-afe3-31f32bb87c65.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Folder default Columns - Similar Threads - Folder default Columns

2. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.: I cant get the amount of folders in folder column to work?I have many folders with and without folders/files in it. I would like to have an overview of this before opening folders.Have do i fix this?...
  3. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.: I cant get the amount of folders in folder column to work?I have many folders with and without folders/files in it. I would like to have an overview of this before opening folders.Have do i fix this?...
  4. Columns in folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Columns in folder in Windows 11: I'm trying to change the columns in my folders in Explorer. In Windows 10 there was a "choose options" mini-window. I found its equivalent in Windows 11, but the changes I make won't stay. Every time I close the folder, it reverts back to what I don't want. How do I fix it so...
  5. Columns in folder in Windows 11

Columns in folder in Windows 11: I'm trying to change the columns in my folders in Explorer. In Windows 10 there was a "choose options" mini-window. I found its equivalent in Windows 11, but the changes I make won't stay. Every time I close the folder, it reverts back to what I don't want. How do I fix it so...
  6. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  7. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  8. Number of Folder columns

9. Add column to folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add column to folder: Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861
  10. Windows Explorer Default File Columns

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Default File Columns: Is there a way to change the default columns when viewing in Windows Explorer? Every time I create a new folder, especially for audio files, I have to change the configuration of what info I want to see. And sometimes Windows doesn't SAVE that configuration? I have tried...