Windows 10: Windows Folder > Executable Jar File

Discus and support Windows Folder > Executable Jar File in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was editing some code in a Minecraft mod that ran as a JAR file. To edit the files inside I needed to extract the files, making the mod a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kernando_fat, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Windows Folder > Executable Jar File

I was editing some code in a Minecraft mod that ran as a JAR file. To edit the files inside I needed to extract the files, making the mod a windows folder. Now I can't figure out how to 're-compile' the folder into a JAR to run it. I used BreeZip to extract.

submitted by /u/Kernando_fat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kernando_fat, Feb 25, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

jar files

Fixing .jar file opening on Windows requires two steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and chose "Default Programs - Associate a File type or protocol with a program". Find .jar extension (Executable JAR file) there, and pick Java as default program to open this extension. It will probably be listed as "Java Platform(SE)".
      A faster alternative perhaps is straightforward right-click on a .jar file, and then change associated program by clicking on the "Change..." button.
    • Now open the regedit, and open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command key. Luckilly for us, we may specify parameters there for the (Default) value. This is normally: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Feb 25, 2021
  3. robn Win User
    .java to .jar file

Netbeans is the same on all OSs: Right-click on your project and choose "clean & build". The Jar executable will be made and put in the "dist" sub folder of your project.

4. Windows Folder > Executable Jar File

Executable Jar files

Hi Pankaj,

Perhaps an updated version of the program was released. We suggest reinstalling the program, and check if it helps.

You may also refer to this thread for additional troubleshooting steps to
    resolve the concern. Community members have found it helpful.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Patricia Yu, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Folder > Executable Jar File

1. Windows Folder > Executable Jar File - Similar Threads - Folder Executable Jar

2. I can't execute .jar files at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't execute .jar files at all: good afternoon everyone, I can't open .jar files on my windows 11 laptop.I've tried most of the fixes that pop up online:-reinstalling Java;-opening as administrator with the JavaTM Platform SE Binary;-I have my system up to date;-I tried changing variables on the system...
  3. I can't execute .jar files at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't execute .jar files at all: good afternoon everyone, I can't open .jar files on my windows 11 laptop.I've tried most of the fixes that pop up online:-reinstalling Java;-opening as administrator with the JavaTM Platform SE Binary;-I have my system up to date;-I tried changing variables on the system...
  4. unknown .jar executable file that suddenly appeared on my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unknown .jar executable file that suddenly appeared on my pc: Hello, I recently discovered an unknown .jar file on my Windows system that occupies 5.8GB of storage. I'm concerned it might be malware or unwanted software. I've taken the following steps but would appreciate your guidance: Ran a thorough scan using AVAST antivirus, which...
  5. unknown .jar executable file that suddenly appeared on my pc

unknown .jar executable file that suddenly appeared on my pc: Hello, I recently discovered an unknown .jar file on my Windows system that occupies 5.8GB of storage. I'm concerned it might be malware or unwanted software. I've taken the following steps but would appreciate your guidance: Ran a thorough scan using AVAST antivirus, which...
  6. .jar files only execute through CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jar files only execute through CMD: Every once in a while, my pc no longer recognizes a default app for jar files and I have to manually run them. I can open them with the command 'javaw.exe -jar' but they will not open otherwise. I have gone to Task Manager to check the path of the javaw.exe that runs when I...
  7. .jar files only execute through CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jar files only execute through CMD: Every once in a while, my pc no longer recognizes a default app for jar files and I have to manually run them. I can open them with the command 'javaw.exe -jar' but they will not open otherwise. I have gone to Task Manager to check the path of the javaw.exe that runs when I...
  8. .jar files only execute through CMD

9. Can't execute .jar file

Can't execute .jar file: So right now im trying to open a jar file but ive had no success. Ive seen videos for help but noticed that most computers say "executable jar file" instead of my "jar file". Can someone help with how to change it to executable?...
  10. .jar File is not executed?

.jar File is not executed?: Good day! I was about to run a .jar file using the Windows command prompt (cmd for short. The program is supposed to be a console program. You will find the mistake in the picture. [ATTACH] MfG Tomic .jar File wird nicht ausgeführt?