Windows 10: Windows folder in c and d drives

Discus and support Windows folder in c and d drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have my windows installed in my c drive but i saw another windows folder on d drive. Can i delete this and how? [ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LizardElder, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Windows folder in c and d drives

I have my windows installed in my c drive but i saw another windows folder on d drive. Can i delete this and how?

Windows folder in c and d drives d19d4819-feac-4b09-80f6-9c9eb9310306?upload=true.png Windows folder in c and d drives 25530740-4595-47c7-8e7c-10e0b8bd5639?upload=true.png

:)

LizardElder, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows folder in c and d drives ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Apr 2, 2020
  3. silvanasp Win User
    partitioning C: D: drives

Question

• Windows folder in c and d drives [​IMG]

Applies to

0 views partitioning c and d drives

SI

asked on

can anyone explain why my d drive has 759 GB

and my c drive 239 GB

is there any logical reason for this type of partitioning?

i back up to G drive - external drive.

What can i do with D drive, how can i utilize this 759 GB of space?

You had this question

silvanasp, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Windows folder in c and d drives

No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows folder in c and d drives

1. Windows folder in c and d drives - Similar Threads - folder drives

2. My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???: When I connect the external disk drive to my computer or laptop, the external hard disk drive is still recognised but the folder I used to have to go into to access all my folders is gone. When I go to properties it shows as the space available is still the same as before...
  3. My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???: When I connect the external disk drive to my computer or laptop, the external hard disk drive is still recognised but the folder I used to have to go into to access all my folders is gone. When I go to properties it shows as the space available is still the same as before...
  4. My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  6. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  7. What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?: My laptop has these weird chinese folders inside C drive. Inside are these zip files. Anyone has any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-these-chinese-folders-in-my-c-drive/d777ad74-39d7-4ae6-9017-2350f917586d
  8. What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?

What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?: My laptop has these weird chinese folders inside C drive. Inside are these zip files. Anyone has any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-these-chinese-folders-in-my-c-drive/d777ad74-39d7-4ae6-9017-2350f917586d
  9. My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-: My One Drive folders are showing a red x. I can open a file but cannot save it as it doesn't recognise the file address or name . It renames the file A- and says cannot locate OneDrive even though I have just opened it from the onedrive...
  10. My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-

My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-: My One Drive folders are showing a red x. I can open a file but cannot save it as it doesn't recognise the file address or name . It renames the file A- and says cannot locate OneDrive even though I have just opened it from the onedrive...