Windows 10: Windows folder is missing from Windows (C:)

Discus and support Windows folder is missing from Windows (C:) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason my entire Windows Folder - the Windows folder inside "Windows (C) -- went missing tonight. In File Explorer, clicking on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mjpmelissa, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Windows folder is missing from Windows (C:)

For some reason my entire Windows Folder - the Windows folder inside "Windows (C) -- went missing tonight.

In File Explorer, clicking on Windows (C) only shows the following:
    AMD
    inetpub
    PerfLogs
    Program Files
    Program Files (x86)
    SWSetup
    Users

I'm on a relatively new (7 months old) computer -- HP Laptop -- and running Windows 10. I tried rebooting hoping it would be restored during the process, but it was not. Restarting took a long time to boot up and for several seconds I had a blank blue screen, but it did eventually start and my desktop looks fine. I just can't find my Windows folder. I had a system restore point but it's telling me there is not one. Can anyone help?

MP

:)

mjpmelissa, Jul 29, 2016

2. Upgrade to 6.8 causes Text Message Editor error

Hi,

I think that MFC71ENU.DLL file is missing from your C:\WINDOWS\system32\ folder. Also SearchEngine.dll file from C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\ folder is missing.

Can you find those files?

miksu---01, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Folders, emails and contacts missing from windows 10 1709 build update, but no option to go to previous version missing from recovery in settings, although windows.old folder still showing in C drive.

Hi,

Folders, emails and contacts missing from windows 10 1709 build update, but no option to go to previous version missing from recovery in settings, although windows.old folder still showing in C drive.

How can I go back to previous build?

Kind regards,

Ian

IanBryant1960, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Windows folder is missing from Windows (C:)

I finally figured out how to safe boot in W10 and manages a restore without losing my files. It's fixed. \o/

mjpmelissa, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows folder is missing from Windows (C:)

1. Windows folder is missing from Windows (C:) - Similar Threads - folder missing

2. Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile: so i did the new windows 10 update wouldnt log me in put me in a temp profile i wasnt really paying much attention so moved a important folder onto my desktop thinking i was now on the normal screen rebooted and woah and behold it put me in my regular profile now i can see...
  3. after windows auto update on sunday my desktop files and folders are missing

after windows auto update on sunday my desktop files and folders are missing: I'm really angry. There was a Windows auto update on Sunday which has changed my Desktop completely and deleted files on there which are important. I eventually found these and put these back on my desktop only to find these disappeared when I looked a little later. I need...
  4. missing folder

missing folder: so i did the new windows 10 update wouldnt log me in put me in a temp profile i wasnt really paying much attention so moved a important folder onto my desktop thinking i was now on the normal screen rebooted and woah and behold it put me in my regular profile now i can see...
  5. "Choose folders" sometimes missing from OneDrive client settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Choose folders" sometimes missing from OneDrive client settings: The "Choose folders" settings on the Account tab in the OneDrive client settings are frequently and randomly missing. One time they'll be there, the next time they won't. I have multiple sharepoint libraries synced with OneDrive, and that entire section sometimes...
  6. Missing Photos folders

Missing Photos folders: Hi, I have recently upgraded windows and have noticed that i cannot find my Photos or Documents anywhere. I have years worth of data in these. they were usually in the default pictures and documents folders in windows explorer. i have tried looking in hidden folders and...
  7. backup folder missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup folder missing: I selected a folder on my C:\ to back up in addition to the default folders. When I reboot my computer that folder is missing from my selected folders to be backed up. any ideas?...
  8. Missing Folders/Files

Missing Folders/Files: Hi, I recently noticed after working on a folder and saving, the next day the folder had disappeared. I checked the used/free values in Windows Explorer and found a 50GB difference from this to the value given by selecting contents and checking properties. I have 6...
  9. Download Folder Missing

Download Folder Missing: My Downloads Folder and all its contents dissappeared. I did not delete it at all, but i press CTRL + J and it tells me all the data is deleted. My virus protection is up to date and not saying thereis an issue, it alot of data i need. Please help !!...
  10. New folder option missing

New folder option missing: Despite carrying out all the suggestions I'v seen here and elsewhere to correct "New Folder" option not working including {D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719} I still have the same problem. What else can i do to correct the above....