Windows 10: Windows folder search bar

Discus and support Windows folder search bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, After recent Windows update I cannot normally use windows folder search because its bar is too short, even in maximized window. 1. Search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomasDR, Mar 3, 2020.

1. TomasDR Win User

Windows folder search bar

Hello,

After recent Windows update I cannot normally use windows folder search because its bar is too short, even in maximized window.

1. Search bar view before starting using search:

Windows folder search bar 1783a1f1-93e4-435f-ad8e-43b960c6dbbc?upload=true.jpg

2. Search bar view when typing in search box cannot see what I'm typing, edit the text etc.:

Windows folder search bar c9c99325-20d9-4b38-a578-bcf1037b1c5a?upload=true.jpg

3. Search bar view showing recent searches:

Windows folder search bar c911b31a-a205-47e8-b135-8b3345af0fca?upload=true.jpg

Any solutions?

Regards,

Tomas

:)

TomasDR, Mar 3, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 3, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows folder search bar - Similar Threads - folder search bar

2. Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Bar: I am really new to windows, I just got a pc recently, when I noticed that my search bar is not allowing me to type on it. No matter how many times I click on it, nothing happens. Can someone please help? submitted by /u/ClubPenguinRUs [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar: Hello, I have encountered a problem after trying to search using the windows search bar. Whenever I search something, it displays a internet result of FRIV, see the example below. [ATTACH] something like this pop ups. Is this some kind of Virus or something? How can I...
  4. Keyboard is not working anywhere in windows from search bar to folder search or anywhere in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard is not working anywhere in windows from search bar to folder search or anywhere in...: I did the windows update few days back, and my keyboard has stopped working, it wont type anything in windows only, it types in other apps, regedit also won't open, onscreen keyboard doesnt work too, i have an optional update of keyboard standard that will never download no...
  5. Files and Folders search bar is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and Folders search bar is not working: It seems as though the last time my Windows 10 did an update, the search bar is not working right. It comes up blank even when there are definitely files that should. I've tried a few "fixes" that did not. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really need to fix this for my...
  6. Folder Explorer Search Bar

in Cortana
    Folder Explorer Search Bar: I have a minor search bar issue I notice for some time now...When i perform a search it used to pop up files with that match the text as I type. Any file not related to it would disappear....files without cat is still displayed....Now I have to hit the forward arrow to...
  7. the windows search bar

in Cortana
    the windows search bar: hi, I've got a problem with the windows search bar. Whenever I key in like an appp i want to search, it just searches endlessly without any results. I'ts like it's infinitely loading....
  8. Windows search bar

in Cortana
    Windows search bar: Hello my name is Ahmet. I have been having this problem for about 1 day. When you type anything into the Windows search bar, it freezes and shuts down. I restarted the computer, searched a bit on the internet, but could not find any solution. Please help me....
  9. WIndows Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Search bar: I just had a new install of Windows 10 home on a new HD. Windows search bar doesn't work, can't even type into it. I have tried shutting it off in task manager, but that didn't work....
  10. Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Bar: Hello, I would like to change a feature on Windows 10, back to the way it was on Windows 7. Currently if I misspell something on the search bar (ex. conrtol panel), it will use Microsoft Edge to google it. I would like it to go back to where if I misspell something, Windows...