Windows 10: Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password

Discus and support Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro 64 bit on my laptop and i want to share a folder to another laptop via wifi, but every time i try to connect from the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Isa, Jan 29, 2017.

1. ISA
    Isa Win User

Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password

I have windows 10 pro 64 bit on my laptop and i want to share a folder to another laptop via wifi, but every time i try to connect from the other laptop it always ask for a username and a password but the laptop doesnt have any password, so i turned off password protected sharing but its still ask for username and password, so i turned on password protected sharing and add a password to the account, and when i put the username and password it says that the password or username is wrong, i even reinstalled windows to see if it will work but it still not working..
    So my question is how to setup folder sharing with out password

Sorry for my bad english i hope people that read this understand my question

:)

2. XioFen Win User

Windows 10 computers requesting password on a networked workgroup despite password protecting sharing being turned off

I am trying to access shared folders on two Windows 10 computers. Both are on the same workgroup, and I have network discovery turned on, public file sharing turned on, and password protected sharing turned off.

Every time I try to access the windows 10 folders from another windows 10 machine a request for "network credentials" is given. (ie my Microsoft user account, and password).

Access to shared folders to and from windows 7, windows vista and windows XP machines works fine, including to and from the windows 10 machines. The problem only occurs on when connection from 10 to 10.

All settings in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings are set to share/public/no password.

Why does it ask for a password?

XioFen, Jan 29, 2017
  3. redhonker Win User
    How to manage user and password used to access shared folder from other machine (non-homegroup)?

Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 10.

The machine is part of workgroup. A local account is used. Folders on other machines are shared and permission is restricted to this account (the same user/password across all machines).

Windows 10 is asking me to switch over to Microsoft account. If I do that, what happens to this user/password and my access to shared folders?

Thanks

-----

I think I've found answer

http://winsupersite.com/article/windows8/windows-8-tip-seamless-home-network-access-142716

When you try to access a shared folder, it will pop up asking you for user/password. However, checking "remember my credential" does not actually remember.

To really remember it, you have to use Credential Manager, and "Add a Windows Credential"

redhonker, Jan 29, 2017
  4. RolandJS Win User

I'm a Windows 7 user, my ideas may or may not work for you. First, make sure you have fully SHAREd the directories on each computer you want accessed by the other computers on your home network. My Control Panel's Network & Sharing section has a page where I have to yes to 2 or 3 questions to allow search and usage, and one option I say no to password needed.

RolandJS, Jan 29, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    It is because Microsoft disabled Guest connections in Windows for security reasons.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password - Similar Threads - folder share ask

2. The shared folder asks me for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The shared folder asks me for username and password: Hello,I shared a folder and I set its sharing settings as follows:Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-shared-folder-asks-me-for-username-and/50835abd-f786-45c3-ace3-d0fa19b11795
  3. The shared folder asks me for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The shared folder asks me for username and password: Hello,I shared a folder and I set its sharing settings as follows:Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-shared-folder-asks-me-for-username-and/50835abd-f786-45c3-ace3-d0fa19b11795
  4. Windows 11 asks for password to access network shares despite passwords not required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 asks for password to access network shares despite passwords not required.: Hi, I have a network with 1 Windows 11, 1 Windows 8.1, and 2 Windows 7 pcs. The Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 PC's can all access each other but none can access the Windows 11 pc and it cannot access any of the shares on any of the other pcs. The Windows 11 network and shares...
  5. Windows 11 asks for password to access network shares despite passwords not required.

Windows 11 asks for password to access network shares despite passwords not required.: Hi, I have a network with 1 Windows 11, 1 Windows 8.1, and 2 Windows 7 pcs. The Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 PC's can all access each other but none can access the Windows 11 pc and it cannot access any of the shares on any of the other pcs. The Windows 11 network and shares...
  6. Add password to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add password to share folder: I have a NAS , for user to share folder in windows 11 / 10 , could the folder be protected by password ? that mean add a password protection to the share folder is possible ?thanks...
  7. Add password to share folder

Add password to share folder: I have a NAS , for user to share folder in windows 11 / 10 , could the folder be protected by password ? that mean add a password protection to the share folder is possible ?thanks...
  8. Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off: I'm so sick of this happening. When I first boot up both my machines, I have network access no problem, and can open folders on the other machine. After a while, it starts asking me for a password, even though that requirement isn't selected. If, as some MVPs have averred on...
  9. Shared folder password

Shared folder password: How to lock a shared folder with a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folder-password/ab2aff5e-3696-47d4-9d67-37b948a251a6"
  10. Why from win10 it ask me password for shared folders?

Why from win10 it ask me password for shared folders?: Hi. I have 3 pc 2 with win7 sp1 and one with win10. At every pc i have create some shared folders and i have choose the switch "everyone" so i can go into these folders without any password at all. So why at every win7 pc or android device i can go to any shared...