Windows 10: Windows folder turned into a 0KB file? What is that stupidity??

Discus and support Windows folder turned into a 0KB file? What is that stupidity?? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, First of all, thanks for your upcoming help, even though I kinda already know that the only solution is to format. Or to get away from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Baptist Pierglass, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Windows folder turned into a 0KB file? What is that stupidity??

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for your upcoming help, even though I kinda already know that the only solution is to format. Or to get away from Microsoft stupidness.

My laptop has 2 SSDs, one that's integrated to the motherboard, and one 2,5" that I installed, the last one contains my Windows 10 copy that I used on a daily basis and on which I DO NOT install the latest updates without trying them on the other (integrated) SSD which contains a copy of Windows 10 and some things I need to test too.

On 1903 update, I had lots of trouble with USB audio, which I could only partly solve, and nobody could really help!! Same interface on 1809 and no ISSUE!!!

Anyway. This morning I tried to boot on that Windows copy but a black screen granted me into nothing after I selected the integrated SSD on the BIOS/UEFI boot option list.

I then tried 2 and 3 times. Nothing.

I decided to go back on my other copy to check if the integrated SSD was alive it is.

Windows folder turned into a 0KB file? What is that stupidity?? f079e1ec-41ac-4ad3-8a2f-f0587f82522f?upload=true.png

Here's what the Windows folder is now. A 0KB file.

Really? How does this poop happen?

Now, is there a solution that anybody can give or do I need to format?? The past weeks, a lot of CHKDSK happened without any idea of why!! I never unplugged anything in a wrong way or so.

Thanks

:)

Baptist Pierglass, Aug 30, 2019

2. EXE Files turning to 0kb

all my exe files are turning to 0kbs what should i do

phillipchilingulo, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Windows folder turned into a 0KB file? What is that stupidity?? :)

Frogger, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Windows folder turned into a 0KB file? What is that stupidity??

EXE Files turning to 0kb

Hi phillipchilingulo,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and thank you for your valuable question please, I would suggest you to see Nick Dich's post in the below mentioned thread and see if it helps, If the issue persists kind do let me know, waiting for your kind reply
    please.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Please let me know, if that helps and feel free to ask back any question.

Kind Regards:

Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows folder turned into a 0KB file? What is that stupidity??

1. Windows folder turned into a 0KB file? What is that stupidity?? - Similar Threads - folder turned 0KB

2. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  3. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  4. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!

Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!: HiI use robocopy to sync OneDrive folder from PC to server as backup.But, some files on backup server is 0kb and robocopy have problems with žćčšđ croatian letters in file/folder names.Before moving to OneDrive this wont happen.What's wrong?example off error and this error is...
  6. Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!: HiI use robocopy to sync OneDrive folder from PC to server as backup.But, some files on backup server is 0kb and robocopy have problems with žćčšđ croatian letters in file/folder names.Before moving to OneDrive this wont happen.What's wrong?example off error and this error is...
  7. .EXE TURNED TO 0KB

.EXE TURNED TO 0KB: Hello I have been trying to get help with my .exe files turning to 0kb and so far people talk about removing the "SYSWIN" file from "C:/Boot" but there is no "SYSWIN" anywhere in my PC. What do I do in this case? P.S: The corrupted files are in my external hard drive....
  8. Txt file Turned into 0kb after pressing ctrl + z

Txt file Turned into 0kb after pressing ctrl + z: i was working on 2 text file, i saved the data from my server and saved it on those 2 text files after that i accidently pressed ctrl+z or don't know which key that the both files i saved are still there but data is 0kb, i tried redo but no luck, files are not even in tmp...
  9. .exe files reduced to 0kb

.exe files reduced to 0kb: Hello. I have a computer that I'm trying to fix that was infected by this virus (Win32.Grenam.G) that made almost all .exe files 0KB and probably moved the real ones somewhere else I don't know. UWD apps have not been affected. Upon obtaining the computer I have updated OS,...
  10. File with 0KB In Downloads Cant Delete It

in Windows 10 Support
    File with 0KB In Downloads Cant Delete It: I need your help guys. I have a file in my Downloads and it says is 0KB exactly but when I try to delete it gives me the following - Could not find this item. This file is no longer located, Verify the items location and try again. Now it says Type - File , Size - 0 bytes....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder turned into a 0kb file

2. usb drive folder turned into 0kb file

3. how do files get turned into 0 kb