Windows 10: Windows Folders Appearing On Secondary Drive - How To Move?

Discus and support Windows Folders Appearing On Secondary Drive - How To Move? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, For the past few months, on my second SSD drive I use for installing games, I have noticed several Windows folders appearing: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sunhawk, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Sunhawk Win User

Windows Folders Appearing On Secondary Drive - How To Move?

Hi all,

For the past few months, on my second SSD drive I use for installing games, I have noticed several Windows folders appearing:

Windows Folders Appearing On Secondary Drive - How To Move? 61a86713-5457-4c3f-9afc-9d20a1e3e704?upload=true.png

Inside the folder called 'Program Files' is a folder called 'ModifiableWindowsApps'.

I assume this has something to do with the MS Store, I want to know if I can move these folders back to the C drive?

Thanks

:)

Sunhawk, Dec 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 27, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

There are two tools essential tools that everyone one should always have - Macrium Reflect Free and a dishwasher. *Smile.

cereberus, Dec 27, 2019
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Folders Appearing On Secondary Drive - How To Move? - Similar Threads - Folders Appearing Secondary

2. Move windows to Secondary drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move windows to Secondary drive: Hi All,I have a custom-built gaming PC. Originally, I had installed a SATA SSD, which was good. However, I was running low on storage. So I bought a new NVME M.2 SSD and added it to my build. I have heard that it's better to have windows in M.2 rather than SATA since M.2 is...
  3. Move windows to Secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move windows to Secondary drive: Hi All,I have a custom-built gaming PC. Originally, I had installed a SATA SSD, which was good. However, I was running low on storage. So I bought a new NVME M.2 SSD and added it to my build. I have heard that it's better to have windows in M.2 rather than SATA since M.2 is...
  4. Move windows to Secondary drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows created folder on secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows created folder on secondary hard drive: Windows 10 is running on the ssd drive c. I have a second drive in the notebook and windows is creating a folder on that drive D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps and when I delete the folder then windows will recreate it.How do I stop this from occurring?Thank you....
  6. How to move Windows 10 to a new, secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move Windows 10 to a new, secondary drive?: Hey everyone, hope you're doing well. I wanted to ask how to move my current Windows 10 operating system to a new SSD I just got, but I'm very confused by the internet results I get because they don't usually fall under the unique situation I'm in. Also sorry for the...
  7. Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive: Hello All Trying to setup Laptop finally with MS outlook, and wanted to move the Outlook data files to my secondary storage drive, to limit writes on SSD drive (128gb m.2 ssd in laptop) Is it worth the hassle of trying to get it setup properly? did same thing months back...
  8. Questions about moving Picture, Document folders to secondary drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about moving Picture, Document folders to secondary drive: Hello, I have a new Windows 10 Pro laptop with a SSD for the OS and a 1 TB hard drive for storage. I have been trying to follow the tutorial How to Move Your Pictures Folder Location in Windows 10 to move the documents, music, and pictures folders to the 1TB drive, without...
  9. How to get Access to windows Apps folder on the secondary drive ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Access to windows Apps folder on the secondary drive ?: You are about to read some bad English. and I am really sorry about it. I am not a native English speaker. Hey Guys, Good Evening I am having some problems I want to know that how can I get access to windows apps folder after moving it to D drive I have tried everything...
  10. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?: I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied. I tried changing the permissions to my admin account and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. modifiablewindowsapps on second drive