Windows 10: Windows folders not refreshing automatically

Discus and support Windows folders not refreshing automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue on my new laptop with Windows 10 -- the folders have stopped refreshing automatically. I have to manually hit refresh or F5 when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike-Martin, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Windows folders not refreshing automatically

I have an issue on my new laptop with Windows 10 -- the folders have stopped refreshing automatically. I have to manually hit refresh or F5 when I create a new folder on the desktop before I can see it. I have to refresh folders to see new files that I have copied into them. It's really pretty lame.

I see that this issue has been going on for four years now. I've seen lots and lots of questions about this, going back to 2016, but there seem to be no definitive answers or fixes forthcoming from Microsoft. Heck, even Windows 8 is better than this.

Why is this? Does Microsoft not have software engineers who are able to fix a four-year old issue that has garnered thousand of questions but no real answers? Or perhaps is Microsoft just ignoring this issue, hoping that a later release of Windowsmight fix it?

It's a real slap in the face to everyone who has purchased Windows 10 that no effort is made by Microsoft to fix this. I've not seen this level of disregard with other operating systems.

How about it, Microsoft? What's the deal? Do you have any kind of a handle on this issue, or are you just floundering and hoping folks will eventually get tired of asking about it? Why not put a team together, find the problem, fix it, and be a hero for once?

:)

Mike-Martin, Mar 3, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Suggestion - GPU-Z window Reload (refresh)

Most items are refreshed automatically. I'll add driver details to items that get refreshed.

Adding F5 for complete refresh is a good suggestion

W1zzard, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Suggestion - GPU-Z window Reload (refresh)

Thanks! *Smile Windows folders not refreshing automatically :) Sounds fine (Ctrl+R as a 2nd way to do the same would be nice too).
    IF you do not want to overburden the main window GUI with the extra Refresh button I suggest, Refresh could be added to the system menu in top left instead, and/or into Settings.
    (such as add a button labeled "Refresh main tab" or similar text of your choosing to Settings)

Naki, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Paddy Win User

Windows folders not refreshing automatically

Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.

Same in the safe mode, no changes...

I have tried pretty much all those suggestions from various sites, but none of them worked for me.
    What I have seems to be a major issue, they even call it WEDR bug.
    The only thing that slightly changed recently... sometimes, a few times I managed to get automatic refresh for the Desktop, if I for example do the right click and create a new folder, it does create instantly and is visible straight away.... hoewever this never happens in Windows Explorer... I think I once got a file in C: to be processed automatically but thats it... and never had ANY automatic refresh for any of the folders and files on external drives.

Paddy, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows folders not refreshing automatically

1. Windows folders not refreshing automatically - Similar Threads - folders refreshing automatically

2. My cursor is refresh automatically and it refresh the webpage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor is refresh automatically and it refresh the webpage.: Every in 1 to 2 min my cursor refresh automatically it will affect the browser also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-is-refresh-automatically-and-it-refresh/5774e323-6527-4aba-a996-460bc1679d67
  3. My cursor is refresh automatically and it refresh the webpage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cursor is refresh automatically and it refresh the webpage.: Every in 1 to 2 min my cursor refresh automatically it will affect the browser also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-is-refresh-automatically-and-it-refresh/5774e323-6527-4aba-a996-460bc1679d67
  4. desktop and file folders do not refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop and file folders do not refresh automatically: how do I fix desktop and file folders that do not refresh automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-file-folders-do-not-refresh/044951ae-e07f-4451-b442-6c1043e851b0
  5. desktop and file folders do not refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop and file folders do not refresh automatically: how do I fix desktop and file folders that do not refresh automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-file-folders-do-not-refresh/044951ae-e07f-4451-b442-6c1043e851b0
  6. icons refreshes automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    icons refreshes automatically: hi whenever I open any folder in any of my apps all the icons in my computer gets refreshed automatically though when i open anyfolder individually there is no such refresh problem Should i be worried that in long run i might lose all my data? or my computer might...
  7. Folders not refreshing automatically in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders not refreshing automatically in Windows 10: I have a user whose File Explorer was stuck on "working on it" every time he opened it. I went ahead and cleared the quick access history, changed the folder to launch on This PC, and rebuilt the Indexing just to be on the safe side. Now any file renaming does not get...
  8. Windows Explorer is not automatically refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer is not automatically refreshing: When I am doing file or folder operation in explorer it is not automatically refreshing to reflect the updated changes How to fix this? 136118
  9. Folders will not refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders will not refresh: Since upgrading from 1809 to 1903 my folders will no longer automatically refresh. I know this has been a recurring problem all the way back to Windows 7 but the solution for earlier versions no longer holds true. (you know the old registry key...
  10. "Downloads" folder won't automatically refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    "Downloads" folder won't automatically refresh: Hi guys, I have my downloads folder sorted by "Date Added" (newest at the top) and whenever I download a new file, the file will always goes to the bottom (when I have the Downloads folder open as I click download). I then refresh the page and it goes to the top of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 1903 folders not refreshing

2. windows 10 desktop not refreshing automatically