Windows 10: Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open

Discus and support Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Important Information: Only folders, not applications, not files, not even my drives, only folders. Booting into safe mode worked and my folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CerealKurus, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open

Important Information:

Only folders, not applications, not files, not even my drives, only folders. Booting into safe mode worked and my folders opened easily. If some people see this a few hours after this is posted, I am probably asleep by then. I will probably wake up around 10 pm UTC

Story

A while ago, when everything was alright, downloaded VMware Workstation pro from the official website, updated my drivers, and got a toolbar from this guy and it might seem extremely suspicious, but he is reliable and it seems like I am the only one to get it in the comments. I used his toolbar to download "chocolatey", essential tweaks, disable Cortana, visual FX; and enabled dark mode accidentally it was already on. After some time and spent playing VALORANT, I tried to open my folder, and there is where it started.

The Toolbox

Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open 42f06172-c8d2-49af-bb2b-1f7ec17d672a?upload=true.png

Solutions I have tried:

I deleted "chocolatey", restored what I disabled, and deleted VMware: nope
    I used indexing: nope
    Restoring windows explorer defaults: nope
    "Optimize this folder for": nope

PC Specs: 16 GB Memory AMD Ryzen 5 3550H

GPUs probably aren't relevant but here is it anyway: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 AMD & RadeonTM Vega 8 Graphics

:)

CerealKurus, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Painfully slow

Mine's the same. Painfully slow! And no, it's not at all the gradual aging of a computer. It was super fast and responsive until the moment Windows 10 went on. Now each double click just on a folder in the file explorer takes a long time to open and respond.

Windows 10 looks shiny and new, but under the hood it's so much slower than what it replaced.

Drivers have been updated too, so any other suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

GrahamKell, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open

1. Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open - Similar Threads - Folders Painfully Long

2. WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening: [IMG]If WordPad takes too long to open or just won’t open on your Windows PC, this guide will help you fix the issue. Why is my WordPad file not opening? If your WordPad app is not opening, it might be due to different reasons. Some potential causes of this problem include...
  3. Open window taking long to load icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open window taking long to load icons: Good dayi am running the most up to date version of Windows 11, when trying to open a file in any app the icons and file information take extremally long to load, this was never an issue till i switched to windows 11...
  4. Open window taking long to load icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open window taking long to load icons: Good dayi am running the most up to date version of Windows 11, when trying to open a file in any app the icons and file information take extremally long to load, this was never an issue till i switched to windows 11...
  5. Folders taking a long a time to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  6. Files taking long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files taking long to open: Lately files take too long to open. Sometimes there is this message also :"NOT RESPONDING".Edge is also taking too long to open when I want to use Internet.What should I do? Someone should please explain in layman's language. I am not a techie. I am a senior citizen 79 and do...
  7. Apps are taking so long to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are taking so long to open: Hello, My apps are taking so long to open after i start it up.I first open my browsers but it didn't work, always loading, i tried again and again but not work.At last, One of the browsers Which is the Microsoft Edge worked but crashed later on when i try to access a site. So...
  8. Windows 10 taking to long to rename a folder

Windows 10 taking to long to rename a folder: Hi, My windows 10 is taking 5 seconds to rename any folder. My PC is new, Everything is going very smoothly but only whenever I tried to rename folder it takes 5 Second. Could you please update in this regard....
  9. Windows start menu takes long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows start menu takes long to open: It takes really long to open and sometimes it doesn't open at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-takes-long-to-open/1d3368de-7d86-4a2b-afd2-cbbaf35f061a
  10. Opening a New Folder takes too long

Opening a New Folder takes too long: Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it takes about 15 seconds to open a New Folder on the Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-a-new-folder-takes-too-long/a760502b-d040-4d47-8c50-e60313f26ee7"