Windows 10: Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer

Discus and support Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there Nothing to do with incorrect video driver but after latest update some of my Windows texts were looking horribly jagged etc. However this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jan 18, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer

Hi there
    Nothing to do with incorrect video driver but after latest update some of my Windows texts were looking horribly jagged etc.

However this might be a good suggestion for people having similar issues --there's a built in text enhancer

type Clear Type on your menu then simply follow the instructions --worked a treat for me.

Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer [​IMG]

Hope this is of use to some -- it's not always video drivers causing the problem.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 18, 2021

2. GPU-z with clear type fonts

Really? Might just be my monitor but the GPUz text seems too contrasting against the background. Maybe I'm just used to most text on-screen being "clear type" and it just stands out.

oli_ramsay, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Incresing font size

I know you tried this but I thought I would list the steps for someone who does not know and is reading this.

If the font size is too small to read then try the following (the highest setting gives a fairly large font):

• Press Start > Settings> System>
      Screen.
    • Select Select the Clear Type Tab.
    • Select "Enable Clear Type".
    • Select the Text Size Tab.
    • Using the slider adjust the font size.
    • Select "Enable Clear Type".
    • Select OK to close (this will automatically save this setting).

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer

Installed new fonts on my PC and now my webpage texts font changed.

Hi Seyazou,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

The issue you are facing could be due to the settings is not set properly. Let’s try Restore default fonts settings and check.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Fonts settings on the left pane, click on
      Restore default fonts settings and click on OK.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Adjust ClearType text on the left pane, click on
      Next and follow the onscreen instruction to Adjust ClearType text.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer

1. Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer - Similar Threads - Fonts Uglification Clear

2. MacType to enhance text rendering

in Windows 10 Customization
    MacType to enhance text rendering: Hello. Sorry for annoying you, but I have some questions to have MacType:1. Does it affect the ClearType and system's functionality?2. Does it tweak DLLs about text rendering?I need your answer because I'm almost installing and I'm stuck due to the questions mentioned...
  3. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Type Text Tuner!: Hi again, if I use this app, and set it to my liking, it doesn't seem to hold the settings! When I say doesn't seem to hold it, I mean the highlighted boxes have changed when I use it again!!I run as an Administrator!Is that normal?Maybe it just reverts to default!Brian...
  4. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear Type Text Tuner!: Hi again, if I use this app, and set it to my liking, it doesn't seem to hold the settings! When I say doesn't seem to hold it, I mean the highlighted boxes have changed when I use it again!!I run as an Administrator!Is that normal?Maybe it just reverts to default!Brian...
  5. Clear Type Text Tuner!

6. Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Do you need to improve the readability of your web pages? Any virtual document or site is more readable and gains more audience when it has a better color contrast. Microsoft Edge has come up with an innovative idea of manually fictionalizing the high contrast mode of...
  7. Font is Not clear in windows 10

Font is Not clear in windows 10: Dear team, greetings for the day, I am unable to see clear font. I have attached screen shot. Font appears to be marked. I tried resetting the font(Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts\Font settings). It didn't help me. With regards Naveen krishna...
  8. Windows 10: the font/text is blur and undefined, not clear enough

Windows 10: the font/text is blur and undefined, not clear enough: I am using Windows 10 for the first time. I find the font/text rather "undefined", a little blur and lacking in clarity. How do I make the text/fond bolder and easier to read please?...
  9. Display Text Not Clear

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Text Not Clear: My HP Envy laptop has just undergone servicing and a Windows re-install, so I'm starting from scratch. The one thing I haven't been able to adjust is the text displayed inside various windows; e.g. Windows Explorer. The text graphics are crude and simple and kind of ugly....
  10. How to completely get rid of font smoothing clear type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to completely get rid of font smoothing clear type in Windows 10: My pc keeps reverting to smooth fonts, I hate it, I like crisp non aliased fonts. I modified this: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop And changed the settings on FontSmoothingType to 1 It works for a while, then the smooth fonts come back again....grrrrr!...