Windows 10: Windows for Mail - Navigate in reading pane fails - for visual disabled

Discus and support Windows for Mail - Navigate in reading pane fails - for visual disabled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All A friend of mine is blind, sees nothing. He uses a application called NVDA as a screen reader. Everything works fine for the last six years.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TallDragon, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Windows for Mail - Navigate in reading pane fails - for visual disabled

Hi All

A friend of mine is blind, sees nothing. He uses a application called NVDA as a screen reader.

Everything works fine for the last six years.

But since an update in July/August he has problems. After a few mails the navigation in the reading pane stops working. It sticks to the same line of text.

After Settings -> Reading pane -> navigate with keys I have translated this myself to English since it is a Dutch version

If he toggles this off and on again, leaves for mail, he can read the message again.

Has anyone a better approach in "Mail for Windows 10" app?

cheers André

:)

TallDragon, Sep 25, 2020

2. how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10?

Hello Chgvan0298,

My Name is Paul one of the Community Advisor and a Windows User like you and I will going to help you how to disable your Windows Mail Reading Pane or Preview Pane.

Steps:

* Open Windows Mail.

* In the Lower left clear the GEAR ICON for SETTINGS.

* Click READING

* In the Conversation section, click the “Show preview text” slider button so it turns light gray and reads Off.

* Now, you won’t see the first line of text on every email in the list.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Sep 25, 2020
  3. CountMike Win User
    Reading Pane in Mail

When I left click on it my reading pane turns off.
    I can also shrink mail APP from right side so it just shows list of messages without reading pane.

CountMike, Sep 25, 2020
  4. tdas777 Win User

Windows for Mail - Navigate in reading pane fails - for visual disabled

Windows explorer - How to disable navigation pane auto scroll

Hi,

The issue I'm facing in my work laptop (Windows 10) and in personal laptop (Windows 8.1 update1).

Due to restriction, I'm using screenshot from my personal laptop; but the issue is exactly same.

This seems to be windows explorer bug, was present in Win 7, then in 8 and now in 10. It's very irritating.

For example, I opened windows explorer. The navigation pane is normal.

Windows for Mail - Navigate in reading pane fails - for visual disabled [​IMG]

I clicked "#Downloads" in navigation pane. The folder opened in right side, in the actual window.

Then I double clicked the "Images" folder in actual window, and navigation pane selection scrolled to the "This PC" area.
    But I have not clicked anything in the navigation pane.

So, to use the pinned/favorite folders from navigation pane, again need to be scrolled up.

The setting as suggested in many forums, is exactly same:

Is there any way to stop this current behavior of windows explorer?

tdas777, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows for Mail - Navigate in reading pane fails - for visual disabled

1. Windows for Mail - Navigate in reading pane fails - for visual disabled - Similar Threads - Mail Navigate reading

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane

Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane: How do you hide the reading pane in the Win10 mail app..? note: not talking about the Outlook office app! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-hiding-the-reading-pane/770bf758-fde1-43bc-808a-359ea9dfb86e
  5. Navigation pane not fully visible in Mail App

Navigation pane not fully visible in Mail App: I have 2 devices, a laptop and a Surface tablet. Both have the same Mail App. On the laptop the navigation pane is always fully visible and can be changed with hamburger menu on the upper left side. On the Surface, the navigation panel show only icons and is compressed on the...
  6. Mail Reading pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail Reading pane: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change the font size for all messages being read in the reading pane? I have adjusted the "view" settings, and have adjusted the size of the preview pane, but it seems that the sender's choices are overriding mine in the reading pane. It...
  7. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  8. Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared: Yesterday afternoon my mail app suddenly decided that I no longer wanted the reading pane off to the right side unless I am in full screen mode. If I open the window wider (but not full screen) it will either let me have the preview screen or the bar off to the left with the...
  9. Reading Pane in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail: Is there a way to turn off the reading Pane in the "Mail" app? Just wondering as its a pain in the arse. Thanks 52923
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888