Windows 10: Windows force installs audio driver, no sound from speakers

Discus and support Windows force installs audio driver, no sound from speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello tenforums! There's a sound issue on my system that i'd be grateful to have some assistance in correcting. I am using a Lenovo G580 laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tegewaldt, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Tegewaldt Win User

Windows force installs audio driver, no sound from speakers

Hello tenforums!

There's a sound issue on my system that i'd be grateful to have some assistance in correcting.

I am using a Lenovo G580 laptop, whose speakers have recently stopped working correctly.

What i did was first to uninstall every sound driver on my system from Device manager, and subsequently reboot it. Doing so makes the speakers work just as new, until windows automatically updates the Conexant audio driver, muting the system again.

What i've tried and gathered so far:

• When the driver is installed, there is only one available sound device (no headphones, hidden devices or anything else), which is enabled.
    • The system sound is turned on, with green "sound bars" going up and down, despite no sound coming out of the speakers.
    • Both the left and right speaker are set to the same volume under windows -> sound -> properties
    • I have tried enabling and disabling various "physical sound" and sound extensions from said sound settings menu.
    • Along with the audio driver is a "Dolby" extension as well, which is added as a tab in the properties window.
    • Plugging in a headset works just fine, with sound coming out of them, and disappearing when i remove them.
    • It does not appear that i have a "conexant sound control panel" anywhere, that could be changing my sound options, although i may be wrong.

So using the Windows default driver to run the speakers works just fine, and i would like to know if there is a way to either fix the broken, automatically installed driver, or disable windows from automatically installing it again.

:)

Tegewaldt, Dec 7, 2018

2. NO sound in windows 10 after update audio driver.

Hey
    RabiulHasanCTG
    , so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Windows 10. I'll give you a few suggestions. I'll go ahead and assume that you already tried the step conorgdaly suggested below and not repeat that
    step to try. I hope this helps.

How to fix No Sound on Windows 10 issue

Try this method for restoring sound:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.

Step 2: Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.

Step 3: Got to Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Launch Start Menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.

Step 2: Expand Sound and audio devices.

Step 3: Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.

Step 4: Finally, click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

That's it. Your computer speakers should now be able to play sound normally. If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

Also, here is a site with good steps for troubleshooting audio.

Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Dec 7, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 7, 2018
  4. tiendat Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown Windows force installs audio driver, no sound from speakers :(.

tiendat, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows force installs audio driver, no sound from speakers - Similar Threads - force installs audio

2. No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers: Windows update has, for a FIFTH TIME, completely broken the Realtek Audio Driver.Attempts to reinstall from the manufacturer's driver website don't work.Registry editing ConsoleSecurity doesn't work.Reverting Windows updates and uninstalling the latest feature updates are not...
  3. No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers: Windows update has, for a FIFTH TIME, completely broken the Realtek Audio Driver.Attempts to reinstall from the manufacturer's driver website don't work.Registry editing ConsoleSecurity doesn't work.Reverting Windows updates and uninstalling the latest feature updates are not...
  4. No sound on laptop: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" - Realtek audio driver "is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on laptop: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" - Realtek audio driver "is...: Hi there,This issue randomly occurred at some point over the past week, potentially triggered by a Windows Update? Classic red X on the speaker icon in the bottom right. I am on a Dell laptop so all speakers are internal.I will list the symptoms and my attempted...
  5. No Sound from Speakers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound from Speakers: Realteck Sound does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speakers/720ccda7-6688-414c-9f91-8b2817678d2d
  6. no audio sounds from speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    no audio sounds from speakers: no audio sounds from speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-sounds-from-speakers/52202ebc-2489-4dc7-8a36-21f4b36e39e2
  7. no sound from speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound from speaker: today i put new motherboard. new processor , new window10 pro from microsoft. but no sound from speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speaker/8abd7dd7-e612-4081-ab79-a9e37a6ca32a
  8. No sound from speakers

No sound from speakers: After the last Win 10 update on March 31, I no longer have any sound from my speakers. Tried deleting and reinstalling the sound card/driver. No success. Suggestions?...
  9. Speakers and audio drivers

Speakers and audio drivers: My speakers were listed as something like Realtek high definition audio, but they seem to have been completely deleted from my device. I already tried everything the dumb virtual assistant had to offer. Is there any way to get my audio back?...
  10. No sound from speakers

No sound from speakers: How do I download either Windows 10 default audio device or find another audio driver to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-sound-from-speakers/51f8d3f4-14c6-4c7e-9703-01048f10d3af