Windows 10: Windows FORCED the Feature Update , now things don't work , how do I force stop future...

Discus and support Windows FORCED the Feature Update , now things don't work , how do I force stop future... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thanks to Windows FORCING that crappy feature Update I DID NOT WANT and kept telling it to NOT NOW , it decided on its own to download .... not only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimDirt, Mar 21, 2021.

1. JimDirt Win User

Windows FORCED the Feature Update , now things don't work , how do I force stop future...

Thanks to Windows FORCING that crappy feature Update I DID NOT WANT and kept telling it to NOT NOW , it decided on its own to download .... not only did it kill a majority of my Limited Bandwidth this pisses me off , Microsoft should pay my Internet bill every time it does this **** , but now the Limit Bandwidth option is now grayed out and I can't limit it I want to set it to 0/zero so it stops downloading this **** I don't want

I need to force Windows to stop downloading ANYTHING , unless I give it permission , I do not want A N Y T H I N G Downloaded or Installed without MY PERMISSION ... it forced this **** downgrade , then it force downloads it , then makes you install the garbage Feature Downgrade .... This is MY PC and MY Windows 10 , I paid for it , so it is MINE not Bill Gates , if I don't want the crappy update , I should not be forced to install it and waste my bandwidth , and lose features I use , I had to hunt to find my screensavers , because it does not show up in settings now total BS , then the start menu is pretty much **** Control Panel does not show up on it anymore , and I WANT TO USE CONTROL PANEL !! , luckily I was smart enough to put it on my Taskbar , but I want it on the Start Menu also , its MY PC I want it the way I WANT IT !!!

Then I can't limit the bandwidth used for these **** updates I don't want , then it changed my background , and my sound settings , it took me several tries to get the Desktop.ini off my desktop it put 2 of them on it and I tried to delete them several times and got errors saying that drive does not exist .... it is on the C drive , it DOES exist , .....

How do I PERMANENTLY STOP Windows Feature updates from not only installing , but from being downloaded at all ????

bug updates are fine , but there is never going to be enough bug fixes to actually fix all the bugs with this system , it blue screens more than Windows ME did , they call it Windows 10 because it is 10 times worse than Windows 8 , they should call Windows 7 or XP or 98SE , Windows 1 , because they are all #1 compared to this botched attempt at a operating system

And why does Microsoft insist on making my PC work and look like a stupid Cell Phone ??? , I hate that !!! , my PC is a PC it is not a phone and I do not want it to look like one , act like one ,or resemble one in any way , I use a REAL CAMERA for Taking Pictures , I use my phone to MAKE PHONE CALLS , and I use my PC as a PC , not a stupid phone , I am sick of all this Dark/Light mode , how about leave it alone !!!

and they are PROGRAMS , NOT APPS Bill !!!! , a APP is on a PHONE !!!! , my PC is not a phone for the 90,000,000 time

I am going on 62 , not 16 , I don't like changing things I use and WANT on MY PC !!!! , stop putting 16 year olds in charge of making decisions at Microsoft , they obviously do not have enough brains to figure out that Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors for a reason , because not everyone likes the same thing , so STOP FORCING everyone to have their stuff look like a 16 year old manic depressive designed it !!!! ... because that is exactly what it looks like and works like .... get a adult with common sense to make decisions , not a child with a peanut brain that thinks "I am depressed , so I need Dark Mode .... Now I am happy I need Light mode , I don't need nice looking desktops , I need to look at dismal and dim and depressing things , and while I am at it I will get rid of all the useful things in Windows and replace them with ......NOTHING .." ...... Window Movie MAker the original one , Outlook Express the best email program Windows ever had , as Windows 10 Mail App is a joke , the junk mail filter does not work , all the mail I WANT goes to Junk , so I have to tell it over and over it is not Junk , but every day , I find more in the junk folder ,,,, but guess what , no actual junk email , that usually goes straight to my Inbox

When is Microsoft going to release a Feature Update that DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING , it just leaves it like it was when it first came out .....because that is what I bought , not this **** it is now ....

So How do I permanently STOP Feature Update FOREVER ???

How do I get the Bandwidth Limiter to actually function , now that the Feature Downgrade made it stop working ????

Can I upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 and still get Support , because it should still be supported because more people use and want it over Windows 10 Yes Windows 7 is a upgrade compared to Windows 10

:)

JimDirt, Mar 21, 2021

2. Forced restart after an update.

I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple option as "RESTART LATER". Don´t do that. STOP IT !!! People hate it. And if it is not enough, the update freezes at 43%. Why not? Is it not fun? For you maybe, for me NOT! After so many years. I don´t get it. If I could, I'd throw your Windows out the window. *Devil

zlostnypopolnik, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Stopping the Annoying Forced Updates

Hey ya' all.

I've been trying to stop these annoying updates. I think I've managed to whip office off the system (so maybe word wont open itself for no reason in a few months). Next, I'd like to stop these forced updates. I find them kind of invasive and would prefer things to work like they did 20 years ago. So far I've uninstalled updates back to some random previous date, then they always try to make themselves come back as soon as the internet's back on. Never mind the complaint, here's what I want to prevent:

Windows FORCED the Feature Update , now things don't work , how do I force stop future... [​IMG]

It wont let me stop it for more than a few days, yet I've been uninstalling updates backward for years into the past.

Windows FORCED the Feature Update , now things don't work , how do I force stop future... [​IMG]

I've tried using services.msc to prevent these:

Then there's this MoNSTer which refuses to allow its settings to be set to disabled:

Hints, tips, tricks, tactics, solutions? How do we nuke this demon.

Noninvasive, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows FORCED the Feature Update , now things don't work , how do I force stop future...

Forced restart after an update.

If you like, you could disable automatic updates in Windows 10 so you can check for, install, and restart when you're ready to.

*Arrow Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows FORCED the Feature Update , now things don't work , how do I force stop future... - Similar Threads - FORCED Feature Update

2. Stop forcing the Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop forcing the Windows update: I've just lost a day of work you ******* ********. This has been a problem for long enough to be certain that you don't care, that you just wamćnt to have it it your way. So here I am, just making it known that you are still causing people problems with this.I even friggin...
  3. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???: For some reason my computer decided to download the 21H2 Update which I DID NOT WANT ! , it is now wanting to restart to finish installing , how to I stop it from completing the update and how do I prevent it from installing EVER ??? , it was only sitting there and allowing...
  4. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???: For some reason my computer decided to download the 21H2 Update which I DID NOT WANT ! , it is now wanting to restart to finish installing , how to I stop it from completing the update and how do I prevent it from installing EVER ??? , it was only sitting there and allowing...
  5. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows FORCED the Feature Update , now things don't work , how do I force stop future...

Windows FORCED the Feature Update , now things don't work , how do I force stop future...: I made a topic about this trying to find out how to STOP Microsoft from PERMANENTLY DOWNLOADING FEATURE UPDATES , not just not installing them , but preventing them from Downloading in the first place ..... the people who responded felt the same as me ... yet some JERKWAD...
  7. Stop forced updates on Windows

Stop forced updates on Windows: Hi, we are using windows on machines and the forced updates are most of the time not and a good timing to stop machines and are interfering our software. How can I stop windows to send me forced updates not with normal disabling it in windows or how can I schedule it myself...
  8. Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?: I am currently on 1903, I know support is going to end soon so I wanted to try to update to 1909 since it is not that big of a change. However, Windows is forcing me to download and install version 2004. Is there anyway I can get rid of the download and make it download 1909...
  9. stop forced updates

stop forced updates: Every time Windows updates my computer it messes up everything! I get so frustrated I want just shut it down and dump it. I don't want anymore updates installed but they are forced. I don't use this computer for anything but a few games I let my grandchildren play and some...
  10. How to stop forced updates

How to stop forced updates: How do I stop microsoft from forcing updates unto my pc because I had 212 gb of storage and now I have only less than 50 gb left. I want to sue them severely for forcing their stupid updates on me because it's piss in me of. If they don't stop I will find someway to sue...