Windows 10: Windows forced Upgrades

Discus and support Windows forced Upgrades in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am on the previous release preceding 1909. Why haven't I upgraded? I have a Gigabyte G.1.Assasin2 - 32Gig RAM 1st - I have upgraded to 1909 two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by theaudioanalyst, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Windows forced Upgrades

I am on the previous release preceding 1909. Why haven't I upgraded? I have a Gigabyte G.1.Assasin2 - 32Gig RAM
    1st - I have upgraded to 1909 two different times!
    2nd - when I do instal 1909, A, MS Edge will not launch B. All sound from my PC is gone even though I have a sound blaster system on the motherboard and C. Various other business software fails.
    I have worked with tier three Microsoft Support two different times and they can not help in any shape, form or fashion. And we are talking several work days of time whether you want to believe it or not,

But the real problem is when I went back the 2nd time from 1909, Microsoft;s OS randomly reboots. I may take a break from work and forget to save everything and come back and the machine has rebooted. Everything is lost and MS recommends upgrading to 1909 and when I do, there is really nothing left of the computer.

:)

theaudioanalyst, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows forced Upgrades

1. Windows forced Upgrades - Similar Threads - forced Upgrades

2. Computer will not reboot/start after the new forced Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not reboot/start after the new forced Windows 10 upgrade: Yesterday, while trying to download a document to print, my computer completely shut off and will not restart. The new Windows 10 upgrade installed itself a couple of days before, then I kept getting the same message that they wanted to upgrade again, to snooze, pick a time...
  3. How to Re-install or Upgrade to Windows 10 / How to Force Reset Your PC

How to Re-install or Upgrade to Windows 10 / How to Force Reset Your PC: How to Re-install or Upgrade to Windows 10 / How to Force Reset Your PC: There are many reasons to re-install/reset Windows 10 on your PC. Maybe your PC has an outdated operating system, maybe the PC has problems with some software. The reason I had to do it was my internet...
  4. Forced Windows 10 Upgrades

Forced Windows 10 Upgrades: I wrote the following in the previous post: Windows forced Upgrades I am on the previous release preceding 1909. Why haven't I upgraded? I have a Gigabyte G.1.Assasin2 - 32Gig RAM 1st - I have upgraded to 1909 two different times! 2nd - when I do instal 1909, A, MS Edge...
  5. Is windows forcing anyone else to upgrade to 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows forcing anyone else to upgrade to 1909?: Title. I thought that you could choose WHEN you wanted to install a feature update in one of the more recent updates? I had the option to download/install it for a while, but now it's gotten rid of my choice and is forcing me to update. Did this happen to anyone else? I'd...
  6. How To Down Grade to Win 8.1 After Forced Upgrade by Microsoft & PC Will Not Boot

How To Down Grade to Win 8.1 After Forced Upgrade by Microsoft & PC Will Not Boot: My desktop PC was running Win 8.1 and the hardware does not meet the standards for Win 10. Over night there was a forced upgrade by Microsoft to Win 10. Now my computer will not boot up. How can I downgrade back to Win 8.1 when my system will not boot to take advantage of the...
  7. If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.: [ATTACH] Personally, I've had no issues with Windows forcing an update onto me in the past but this is still nice to see. On 1903, it seems like Windows doesn't even download updates during the active hours any more. It shows you which updates are available and waits...
  8. I had three Windows 10 VMs running under VMWare when Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 forced me...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I had three Windows 10 VMs running under VMWare when Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 forced me...: I had three VMs with Windows 10 Professional working under VMWare Workstation and removed VMWare when prompted to by the 1903 install. I foolishly assumed that Microsoft would provide a tool to convert a VMWare VM to a Hyper-V VM. Too Bad for me! So then I activated...
  9. How to force install upgrades on shutdown?

How to force install upgrades on shutdown?: Hello. I manage a lot of windows 10 devices (currently running 1809) and need to deploy the upgrade to 1904 version. I use WSUS to deploy the upgrade. After I approved the installation, I see that computers are downloading and installing the update, but in order to complete...
  10. Will upgrading my motherboard force me to reactivate windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will upgrading my motherboard force me to reactivate windows?: Currently my PC is using a old motherboard that has a old CPU in it because my other motherboard with my completely fine i7 in it broke. I now have the money to buy a new motherboard but I'm worried that when I swap motherboards and CPUs my windows will need to be...