Windows 10: Windows Forces Program To Open In A Small Window

Discus and support Windows Forces Program To Open In A Small Window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open a specific program (Protools, an audio editing program) something forces the program into a smaller window when it should be full screen:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by onlyforthissite, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Windows Forces Program To Open In A Small Window

When I open a specific program (Protools, an audio editing program) something forces the program into a smaller window when it should be full screen:

Windows Forces Program To Open In A Small Window [​IMG]

You can see the top right of the program window shows the small window option, as if the computer currently thinks it is maximized and is giving you the option to minimize it. To make the program full screen I have to click that once and the computer will now think the window is small (even though it already was) and then I have to click it again to make it full screen.

-------------------

Now I did find a work around for this by right clicking the program and going to properties -> compatibility -> change high DPI settings -> override high DPI scaling behavior performed by application. That will make the program open in full screen.

The only problem is when I do that then it messes up plugins within the program. When I open a plugin within Protools the plugin window will be too small and will block off access to parts of the plugin:

Ideally it should look like this:

What I need is a way to have both things at once, the program to open in full screen and the plugins to be sized correctly. I messed around a lot with the compatibility settings for protools and the plugin but couldn't find a combination that would make this work. I think it would be easier to find the source of why the computer is forcing protools to open in a small window and fix that, rather than trying to layer on compatibility solutions to cover it up.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide. This stuff is so frustrating and that fact that there are people nice enough online to just try and help others with it is really amazing.

Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508

:)

onlyforthissite, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Windows Forces Program To Open In A Small Window

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows Forces Program To Open In A Small Window

1. Windows Forces Program To Open In A Small Window - Similar Threads - Forces Program Open

2. Application opens in small window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application opens in small window: Using Win 11, Coolmaster epub convertor program opens in tiny window even after changing properties to open maximized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-opens-in-small-window/ee4d75fb-b673-4e18-a2b1-78cb0abf8f93
  3. Application opens in small window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application opens in small window: Using Win 11, Coolmaster epub convertor program opens in tiny window even after changing properties to open maximized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-opens-in-small-window/ee4d75fb-b673-4e18-a2b1-78cb0abf8f93
  4. Application opens in a very small window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application opens in a very small window: Hi guys, I have a problem with application opening on windows 10; the application is "Among Us" I use to open it in a normal way but one time and suddenly when opened it it opens in a very small window showing nothing than the top bar as shown in the photo below, I've tried...
  5. Programs will not open unless force restarting PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs will not open unless force restarting PC: Every morning when I start my PC, no programs will open unless I force restart (it won't restart on it's own, even after clicking it). It only has the spinning circle like it's loading, but doesn't even show in task manager. Browsers will open, but any program will not. But...
  6. program titles are to small

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    program titles are to small: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Treypopj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm9pho/program_titles_are_to_small/
  7. Small Window when open App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small Window when open App: When I open an App, my window is small. How do i get it to open full screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-window-when-open-app/159615f6-6785-43fa-9e2e-ca76f054d5f5
  8. Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time

Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time: I know similar questions have been asked. I'm curious as to why Windows 10 has a hard problem with this as not all programs will stay in the same monitor after dragging the program to the selected monitor, "restore down" and close the program. It works for "some" programs,...
  9. When I try to open a windows program only a small window at the bottom of the screen opens....

When I try to open a windows program only a small window at the bottom of the screen opens....: programs I try to open in little squares across bottom ofr screen rather than opening largr on monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/when-i-try-to-open-a-windows-program-only-a-small/b5f777ea-c57d-4993-9624-1aa8ccdefffd
  10. Windows programs not opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows programs not opening.: Hello, I have recently upgraded from 8.1 to windows 10 after it finish installing I reset my computer(Via the recovery tab). I then started installing my programs and everything was going well, but when I logged in the next day I couldn't open Task Manager or the admin...