Windows 10: Windows forcing old driver via update

Discus and support Windows forcing old driver via update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows is forcing me to download old driver even if newer driver is installed. I have windows 10 home therefore cannot use registry editor. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UjjwalSingh241, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Windows forcing old driver via update

Windows is forcing me to download old driver even if newer driver is installed. I have windows 10 home therefore cannot use registry editor. Windows forcing old driver via update f620ef85-499c-45d6-8557-275da353375e?upload=true.png

:)

UjjwalSingh241, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 15, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows forcing old driver via update

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows forcing old driver via update 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows forcing old driver via update

1. Windows forcing old driver via update - Similar Threads - forcing old driver

2. WU force update old AMD graphic driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WU force update old AMD graphic driver: I have an IdeaPad Gaming 3-15ACH6 Laptop - Type 82K2. As of now, WU keeps pushing up an old version of the AMD graphic driver and it messes with the AMD Adrenalin app. If the update goes through then I will get an error message when opening the AMD Adrenalin app that the...
  3. WU force update old AMD graphic driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WU force update old AMD graphic driver: I have an IdeaPad Gaming 3-15ACH6 Laptop - Type 82K2. As of now, WU keeps pushing up an old version of the AMD graphic driver and it messes with the AMD Adrenalin app. If the update goes through then I will get an error message when opening the AMD Adrenalin app that the...
  4. Old Driver Update

Old Driver Update: Is old driver update will delete itself after 30 days like winsxs? If its not, how do I delete old driver update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-driver-update/4cf7f9e4-1f06-4c79-9a78-f32bebf2126d
  5. Old Driver Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Driver Update: Is old driver update will delete itself after 30 days like winsxs? If its not, how do I delete old driver update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-driver-update/4cf7f9e4-1f06-4c79-9a78-f32bebf2126d
  6. Windows Update forcing driver install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update forcing driver install.: Hi all, I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 on my laptop, and Windows update is insistent on downloading firmware and driver updates, which I do not want. The laptop has issues with some of the latest drivers, so I would like to download the older versions of the drivers...
  7. Windows Update forcing driver install.

Windows Update forcing driver install.: Hi all, I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 on my laptop, and Windows update is insistent on downloading firmware and driver updates, which I do not want. The laptop has issues with some of the latest drivers, so I would like to download the older versions of the drivers...
  8. Is there a way to prevent windows update from forcing downgrade to old drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to prevent windows update from forcing downgrade to old drivers?: after installing latest whql drivers from AMD websitewindows update put in pending install Advanced Micro Devices - MEDIA - 10.0.1.19Advanced Micro Devices - Display- 27.20.14016.7001so now I can not do any Windows update without those as they aren't in the optional...
  9. Forced Display Driver Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Display Driver Update: [ATTACH] I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 (except the update in the image below). Windows Update is trying to install the Intel Corporation - Extension - 27.20.100.8280 driver, which is a display driver and I DO NOT want to install that. I have already...
  10. Windows Update Force install the old driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Force install the old driver: well, first, i start with windows update in position auto update, then my driver vga auto update for amd, but, not update for newest driver but return to install the old driver, from amd 18.7.1 back to 17.7, anyone can give me solution? sorry for my bad english....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is forcing nvidia video driver updates Nov 2019