Windows 10: Windows forgets my app credentials on each boot

Discus and support Windows forgets my app credentials on each boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an unusual problem: windows keeps forgetting some of my app login passwords, including office 365, Outlook email, MS Teams, MEGA sync, MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elektrinis, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Windows forgets my app credentials on each boot

I have an unusual problem: windows keeps forgetting some of my app login passwords, including office 365, Outlook email, MS Teams, MEGA sync, MS OneDrive, password manager.
    I input the login and all is fine until I reboot. After fresh boot, all these are unable to sign in and ask to repeat the password. MEGA sync shows a notification that settings are corrupt.
    What I see is that Credential Manager also gets cleared out on boot...

It's a new laptop, I have wiped everything and started from beginning. Tried another account. Tried to reinstall again. Also checked the BIOS as there are many security settings there, did some changes, but no improvement.

Wasted three days on this. Any help appreciated...

:)

elektrinis, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Windows forgets my app credentials on each boot

Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows forgets my app credentials on each boot

1. Windows forgets my app credentials on each boot - Similar Threads - forgets app credentials

2. Windows 11 forgets RADIUS WIFI Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forgets RADIUS WIFI Credentials: We have a number of Windows 11 notebooks in our family. All updated to the latest version of WinPro. And all suffer the same problem. Every once in a while, these devices forget the RADIUS credentials. Whats even more annoying is that a reboot does not help. Once forgotten,...
  3. Windows 11 forgets RADIUS WIFI Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forgets RADIUS WIFI Credentials: We have a number of Windows 11 notebooks in our family. All updated to the latest version of WinPro. And all suffer the same problem. Every once in a while, these devices forget the RADIUS credentials. Whats even more annoying is that a reboot does not help. Once forgotten,...
  4. Windows 11 forgets WPA3-Enterprise Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forgets WPA3-Enterprise Credentials: My WIFI uses WPA3-Enterprise for authentication. Configuring on my Win11 Pro 22H2 was no issue. However, from time to time, Windows ssems to for get the credentials username & PW. All other devices e.g. iPhones are not affected by this issue.My WiFi is based on Unifi UDM Pro...
  5. Windows 11 forgets WPA3-Enterprise Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forgets WPA3-Enterprise Credentials: My WIFI uses WPA3-Enterprise for authentication. Configuring on my Win11 Pro 22H2 was no issue. However, from time to time, Windows ssems to for get the credentials username & PW. All other devices e.g. iPhones are not affected by this issue.My WiFi is based on Unifi UDM Pro...
  6. GPO to forget saved RDP credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO to forget saved RDP credentials: Users are saving RDP credentials in their RDP mstsc window. How to remove the saved credentials. I know there is a option to remove REMEMBER ME option. But that is not removing saved credentials.Also i created a test machine to test this with test ADIf i save by calling...
  7. GPO to forget saved RDP credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GPO to forget saved RDP credentials: Users are saving RDP credentials in their RDP mstsc window. How to remove the saved credentials. I know there is a option to remove REMEMBER ME option. But that is not removing saved credentials.Also i created a test machine to test this with test ADIf i save by calling...
  8. Windows apps forget credentials that have been specified to them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows apps forget credentials that have been specified to them: Hello all, I am using Windows 10 Pro on a fast PC. As of a few days ago, I noticed that the browser I used - Opera - had started "forgetting" login/passwd info to sites I had accessed until now without having to reenter the info. As I failed fixing this, I moved to Edge,...
  9. 2004 credentials manager is forgetful

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 credentials manager is forgetful: Since 2004 update, the credentials manager is losing login name and password for accessing shared folders on to local servers, after every reboot. One of the folders is on server in domain, the other server is not. And the PC, that is suppose to access these folders is not...
  10. Forgetting Credentials for Shared Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forgetting Credentials for Shared Drive: My company has a Shared Drive Folder that several people access. We recently got a new computer for a coworker. But everything he reboots his PC and tries to open the Shared Folder, he is prompted to enter the username and password. This is despite checking "Remember...