Windows 10: Windows forgets user password Active Directory on unlocking, but logging on via Other User...

Discus and support Windows forgets user password Active Directory on unlocking, but logging on via Other User... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,We have a strange issue that randomly affects some users, with one repeatably facing the issue. The PC is a Windows 10 Pro device attached to Active... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shane Broadbent1, May 21, 2023.

1. Windows forgets user password Active Directory on unlocking, but logging on via Other User...

Hi,We have a strange issue that randomly affects some users, with one repeatably facing the issue. The PC is a Windows 10 Pro device attached to Active Directory Windows Server 2016. The users will try to unlock their workstations with their AD credentials, however it will tell them their username or password is incorrect. However, if they change to Other user and enter the same username domain\username and password, they will unlock and login fine. This is a bit of a nuisance for the users and I'd like to try and get to the bottom of it if possible. Does anybody have any suggestions?Thank

:)

Shane Broadbent1, May 21, 2023

2. Active Directory User Account

Active Directory user account logs in fine on a computer that already have the user's profile but when the user logs in into a new computer that doesn't have a profile it gives user name and password incorrect. the new computer is added to the domain,
    and I have tried to reset the password but the new password only works on the computer that have a profile already and still says incorrect on the new computer.

MoffatMoswane, May 21, 2023
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 21, 2023
  4. qubit Win User

Windows forgets user password Active Directory on unlocking, but logging on via Other User...

Windows users can't log in

It'll be affected by the group policy settings too It's possible that our OP's workplace may have prevented logons without the domain controller being available, for security reasons.

@slim142 Is the local admin account active on the PCs and with a known password? You could get in that way, however, this is often disabled or restricted for some reason by group policy for security reasons.

Now, if the local admin account is active, but the password isn't known, then there are always Windows password cracks discs out there...

qubit, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Windows forgets user password Active Directory on unlocking, but logging on via Other User...

1. Windows forgets user password Active Directory on unlocking, but logging on via Other User... - Similar Threads - forgets user password

2. Windows forgets user password Active Directory on unlocking, but logging on via Other User...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows forgets user password Active Directory on unlocking, but logging on via Other User...: Hi,We have a strange issue that randomly affects some users, with one repeatably facing the issue. The PC is a Windows 10 Pro device attached to Active Directory Windows Server 2016. The users will try to unlock their workstations with their AD credentials, however it will...
  3. Windows forgets user password Active Directory on unlocking, but logging on via Other User...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows forgets user password Active Directory on unlocking, but logging on via Other User...: Hi,We have a strange issue that randomly affects some users, with one repeatably facing the issue. The PC is a Windows 10 Pro device attached to Active Directory Windows Server 2016. The users will try to unlock their workstations with their AD credentials, however it will...
  4. Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory: HelloWe have 3 Domain Controllers. DC1 Central DC , DC2 ADC , DC3 ADCFSMO roles are shown belowSchema master -DC1 Domain naming master -DC1PDC -DC3 RID pool manager -DC3Infrastructure master -DC2We can password reset and also can create new user in AD DC2. DC2 server is...
  5. Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory: HelloWe have 3 Domain Controllers. DC1 Central DC , DC2 ADC , DC3 ADCFSMO roles are shown belowSchema master -DC1 Domain naming master -DC1PDC -DC3 RID pool manager -DC3Infrastructure master -DC2We can password reset and also can create new user in AD DC2. DC2 server is...
  6. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  7. i forget password of user admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i forget password of user admin: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forget-password-of-user-admin/7cd67992-60ee-41b3-b366-e71ead0f0585
  8. Active Directory Users and Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Users and Computers: Saludos a tod@s. Me gustaria saber si desde Visual Basic Excel puedo hace una consulta a Active Directory Users and Computers para obtener el valor de un campo determinado como podría ser el del nombre. Espero noticias, gracias de ante mano!!!! - Greetings to all. I...
  9. Convert Active Directory user to a local user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert Active Directory user to a local user: I would like to know if it possible to convert a user from an AD to a local account on the same computer and if so how does one go about doing it? Thanks in advance....
  10. Active Directory Users and Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Users and Computers: I have my Windows 10 display language and input keyboard language set to Swedish. I work with Windows Directory Services alot and I want the display language of Active Directory to be different than my Windows Display Language. I want to set it to English. I have tried...