Windows 10: Windows FPP Licensing

Discus and support Windows FPP Licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I could understand that FPP is the only Transferrable license but just one small pointed clarification that pertains to rental business wherein when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by manukalia, Dec 12, 2018.

1. manukalia Win User

Windows FPP Licensing

I could understand that FPP is the only Transferrable license but just one small pointed clarification that pertains to rental business wherein when I wish buy a branded machine and a Win FPP license separately and when both of these bundled as one integrated unit are rented to a corporate client. Then in such a case -

do I understand that these transfer rights are not only for transfer from one machine to another but also from one company to another ? (Assuming its bundled as preloaded hardware machine as one single unit/identity and given to a company only under right to use for a specified period on rent, just like a HP/Dell machine with preloaded Windows OEM perhaps can be transferred from one client to another as even if we want to, we cannot separate this machine from its windows OEM license).

Will really appreciate your early pointed clarification, starting with YES/NO for simplicity.

:)

manukalia, Dec 12, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Dec 12, 2018
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Edhen23 Win User

Windows FPP Licensing

Will Windows 10 be FPP?

Hi,

I just moved my ssd to another pc to test the new hardware when I put it back to my old pc windows 10 license is deactivated. Since I upgrade from win 7 fpp --> win 8 --> win 10, I expect my win 10 license to be fpp. But after failed phone activation and
    calling microsoft technical support. They basically telling me that the new windows 10 license from upgrade is oem tied to hardware and I need to reinstall windows 7 (then upgrade to 10). And after 1 year promo period ended if I change hardware I will need
    to install from my original win 7 (cannot upgrade to 10)

Edhen23, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows FPP Licensing

1. Windows FPP Licensing - Similar Threads - FPP Licensing

2. Transfer of Full Packaged Product FPP Windows licenses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer of Full Packaged Product FPP Windows licenses: Hi, I have a question about FPP licenses that the Microsoft licensing guide doesn't clarify.Can I transfer the license from an old computer to a newer one? I know this isn't the case for OEM licenses. I have seen elsewhere that this might depend upon the particular one you're...
  3. Transfer of Full Packaged Product FPP Windows licenses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of Full Packaged Product FPP Windows licenses: Hi, I have a question about FPP licenses that the Microsoft licensing guide doesn't clarify.Can I transfer the license from an old computer to a newer one? I know this isn't the case for OEM licenses. I have seen elsewhere that this might depend upon the particular one you're...
  4. Transfer of FPP Windows licenses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of FPP Windows licenses: Hi, I have a question about FPP licenses that the Microsoft licensing guide doesn't clarify.Can I transfer the license from an old computer to a newer one? I know this isn't the case for OEM licenses. I have seen elsewhere that this might depend upon the particular one you're...
  5. Transfer of FPP Windows licenses

Transfer of FPP Windows licenses: Hi, I have a question about FPP licenses that the Microsoft licensing guide doesn't clarify.Can I transfer the license from an old computer to a newer one? I know this isn't the case for OEM licenses. I have seen elsewhere that this might depend upon the particular one you're...
  6. Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be...: Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be used to other computer ?Do not make me share my laptops info I think it is not adequate , nonsense to ask for that for to answer this question !...
  7. Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be...

Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be...: Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be used to other computer ?Do not make me share my laptops info I think it is not adequate , nonsense to ask for that for to answer this question !...
  8. How can I check if fpp licenses are activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I check if fpp licenses are activated?: How can I check are fpp licenses are activated? If they are activated, can I deactivate themi dont know on which computers it was activated? I have boxes of licenses....
  9. How can I check if fpp licenses are activated?

How can I check if fpp licenses are activated?: How can I check are fpp licenses are activated? If they are activated, can I deactivate themi dont know on which computers it was activated? I have boxes of licenses....
  10. How can I check if fpp licenses are activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation