Windows 10: Windows FPS Cap?

Discus and support Windows FPS Cap? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So basically i just got a new PC, that runs very well but whenever i go to my homescreen, tab out of a game/close a game, it shows as if my fps is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MagnusEgebjerg, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Windows FPS Cap?

So basically i just got a new PC, that runs very well but whenever i go to my homescreen, tab out of a game/close a game, it shows as if my fps is capped at 65.When i search why this happens, everyone just says its you monitors refresh rate, but my monitor is set to 280 hz, and I've made sure it also is that in my settings. Any solutions? I use Windows 11 Btw

:)

MagnusEgebjerg, Jan 22, 2022

2. Fps is capped

Apparently there is a problem with my xbox app, for some odd reason my fps is capped at 60. I've turned off vsync in NVidia but I still get 60 fps. I searched on google to try to fix this problem but they all say to turn off gamedvr on xbox but I cant do
    that because my xbox gamedvr settings look like this. I need help to remove the 60 fps cap. Thanks

Windows FPS Cap? [​IMG]

thurtalzilla, Jan 22, 2022
  3. 4nK17 Win User
    capped fps

after the recent creators update ,most of the apps and games are capped at 60 fps ,tried every possible solution like disabling the gameDvr but the problem does not look like solving.

4nK17, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Windows FPS Cap?

Games capped at 60 fps

Hi Alvin Gao,

Graphics cards are responsible for managing frame rates in terms of gaming and other GPU-intensive tasks. Some graphics cards have settings that caps the FPS, therefore, the best that I could suggest is to check your graphics card's global settings panel
    to modify, or even remove the capping. Please refer to your GPU manufacturer's website for further assistance with changing the settings.

If you need additional advice related to Windows, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Mark Isi, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows FPS Cap?

1. Windows FPS Cap? - Similar Threads - FPS Cap

2. all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes: Hi, for a few days I have this problem and I don't know how to resolve it.I have vsync and dvr disabled, i tried reinstalling some old nvidia driver but it didnt work. I took this screenshot in the laptop display165HzIn minecraft you can see the difference very well, and it...
  3. all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes: Hi, for a few days I have this problem and I don't know how to resolve it.I have vsync and dvr disabled, i tried reinstalling some old nvidia driver but it didnt work. I took this screenshot in the laptop display165HzIn minecraft you can see the difference very well, and it...
  4. 60 fps capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 fps capped: ever since i upgraded windows 10 to windows 11 i get 60 fps capped in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode i get 200+ fps also i did everything i can do to remove it but it didn't work i tried:1 disable fullscreen optimzation 2disable v_syncand more of this things i have...
  5. 60 fps capped

60 fps capped: ever since i upgraded windows 10 to windows 11 i get 60 fps capped in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode i get 200+ fps also i did everything i can do to remove it but it didn't work i tried:1 disable fullscreen optimzation 2disable v_syncand more of this things i have...
  6. FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update: Hi there,I installed Windows 11 2 weeks ago and since then have had this problem. Before Windows 10 my fps would be uncapped in all games and it would work fine, but since installing it my games cap at 75 FPS and have a noticably lower performance. I've searched the internet...
  7. FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update

FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update: Hi there,I installed Windows 11 2 weeks ago and since then have had this problem. Before Windows 10 my fps would be uncapped in all games and it would work fine, but since installing it my games cap at 75 FPS and have a noticably lower performance. I've searched the internet...
  8. 60 FPS CAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 FPS CAP: Hi so when ever i go into a game my game is capped at 60 FPS even tho i have selected more and my pc is more than capable of running more Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/60-fps-cap/82fa1ade-8376-4b9b-b87d-f751bc700dc6
  9. 60 FPS CAP

60 FPS CAP: Hi so when ever i go into a game my game is capped at 60 FPS even tho i have selected more and my pc is more than capable of running more Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/60-fps-cap/82fa1ade-8376-4b9b-b87d-f751bc700dc6
  10. How Do I remove my fps cap on windows 11?

How Do I remove my fps cap on windows 11?: Whenever I add an fps unlocker for a game, It Goes 60. And it doesn't go higher than that. How can I remove my fps limit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-fps-cap-on-windows-11/9677b47d-ac02-494a-8caa-4046cf6be6f5