Windows 10: Windows frame border thickness

Discus and support Windows frame border thickness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For my work purpose , the only reason I use MS windows 10 is because of 1 software only: Kakaotalk a Korean chatting platform. As soon as Kakaotalk is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MS_hater62, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Windows frame border thickness

For my work purpose , the only reason I use MS windows 10 is because of 1 software only: Kakaotalk a Korean chatting platform. As soon as Kakaotalk is supported in Linux, goodbye Windows.

What I cannot stand in Windows 10 is the fact that MS has decided that the almost invisible border thickness is the best for ALL users. I usually have more than 10 software running and several instances of Chrome. Now the border being practically non-existent at least not visible to human eyes, I get very confused and annoyed when trying to select the window that I want. Also, it is very difficult to click on the edge of the windows to resize.

Here are my questions/comments:

1. Who has decided that practically non-existent windows frame border is the BEST for ALL users?

2. Why not provide a means to change the thickness through some options?

3. I see so many users asking this same question, but MS never provides satisfactory answer/solution.

4. Is it that MS does not have programming skills to change this anymore? This is especially mysterious since in many previous versions, this option existed. If this is the case, please announce it publicly so that people don't bring up this issue any more.

I am not looking for a solution, since it seems that there is none.

I am just trying to convey my frustration, anger and irritation to MS people.

:)

MS_hater62, Jul 16, 2020
  2. allonone Win User

Increase Border thickness

Hi

How do I increase the border thickness of windows?

And I did try with settings Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\BorderWidth and \PaddedBorderWidth

but that only changed the window Title thickness.

allonone, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 how to get rid of thick colored borders!!!

Hi,

The width of the border in every window you open in your computer is normally very thin. Getting a thick border would somehow imply that the border settings have been changed.

To change the Window border width, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Run.
    • In the Run field, type regedit, and click OK.
    • Click Yes if prompted by UAC.
    • In regedit, navigate to the location below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
    5. In the right pane of WindowMetrics, double click PaddedBorderWidth to modify it.

6. Type in a data value of 0 (zero) or between -1 to -1500, and click OK.

7. Close regedit.

8. Sign out and sign in with your user account to apply.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 16, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows frame border thickness

Increase Border thickness

Hi allonone

I am sorry, those registry edits and indeed using Winaero used to work in Windows 10, but no longer do, there is no setting or registry entry that now affects the thickness of window borders in Windows 10, sorry . . .

DaveM121, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows frame border thickness

1. Windows frame border thickness - Similar Threads - frame border thickness

2. Windowed Mode Frame/Border Colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windowed Mode Frame/Border Colour: Hi All,Quick question, hoping someone can help - I want to change the colour of the frame when in windowed mode. The frame/border I want to change is the example blue above.This is not controlled by colour selection in Personalise -> Colours -> Title bars and window borders....
  3. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  4. Windows Dialog Box Top Frame Too Thick

Windows Dialog Box Top Frame Too Thick: Hi Everyone, I have issue with my windows dialog box top frame and all applications dialog box top frame, they are very thick. Is there a way to reduce it? Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  5. Thick borders for CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thick borders for CMD: When you launch CMD (CMD.exe) you get a window with black background, with a white header, and white scroll-bar on the right side, ... but on the bottom and on the left side, there is no border. Or, there is, but it is one pixel wide, and in dark grey. This is super annoying...
  6. Increase Border thickness

Increase Border thickness: Hi How do I increase the border thickness of windows? And I did try with settings Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\BorderWidth and \PaddedBorderWidth but that only changed the window Title thickness....
  7. How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness

How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness: Hello, so previously I was able to use the WindowMetrics in the Registry to adjust the border thickness for windows (refer to the image), yet that no longer works. There are two settings at: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics Named:...
  8. Is it possible to change window border thickness?

Is it possible to change window border thickness?: I am not liking the very thin black window borders, when I open a lot of windows it can be hard to tell where one ends and another begins. Is there any way that you can increase the thickness of the window outline? 10206
  9. Non-transparent and thick window borders AND white text.

Non-transparent and thick window borders AND white text.: If I choose the Windows theme from Windows Default Themes or Windows Installed Themes, I get a think border on windows, but it's transparent. I got the aerolite and aerolite (white-text) themes from Aerolite Theme - Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. Both of these...
  10. Thick border bug in windows 10 (some apps)

in Windows 10 Support
    Thick border bug in windows 10 (some apps): Hi, i facing with something so ugly in my beautiful: Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 64 bit and that is thick border of some windows, i not sure it a bug or Incompatibility of some software in new windows 10! here is some examples (see screenshot) : [img] So, there is...