Windows 10: Windows freeze while using Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc

Discus and support Windows freeze while using Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a major problem since the may-update 2004. While I use Spotify, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix or Disney+ no matter if I use an app or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by limhex, Nov 13, 2020.

1. limhex Win User

Windows freeze while using Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc

Hi there,

I have a major problem since the may-update 2004. While I use Spotify, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix or Disney+ no matter if I use an app or the browser the whole system freezes after a while . On Spotify it sounds like a little loop of one second and video streaming just stopps video an tone.

I have to shut down the system with long-pressing the power button. Nothing else helps.

My wifi connection is good and dont show any instabilities and any other task using Internet or not works just fine.

Every driver is up to date and no other windows update shows a solution. Not even the big november update. I even reset windows with keeping my personal files and even that dont work.

I dont find the problem in the bug list of any update or someone that describes a similar bug in any other community.

:)

limhex, Nov 13, 2020

2. Netflix & Amazon Prime freeze during playback on Chrome & Edge even reboot not necessary fix Windows 10

We have been streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime in Chrome with no problems for many months on a Dell XPS tower running Windows 10.

Recently, while we are watching Netflix it will simply freeze.

NOT INTERNET

Internet access is still available (we can close the Chrome browser AND RELOAD Netflix and click on the show and it will freeze just before starting to stream)

NOT BROWSER

We can switch to Edge and load Netflix and same problem of loading up the Netflix site but freezing on screen when we click on a show (so not a browser issue)

NOT NETFLIX OR PRIME OR ISP OR ROUTER/MODEM

The problem also happens with Amazon Prime (so not a Netflix issue)

We can also imediately stream Netflix or Prime using another device (ipad or iphone) so it’s not our ISP, Netflix or Prime, or router/modem

REBOOT DOESN’T ALWAYS FIX

We can reboot the machine and it may or may not help.

What are other candidates for a common point of failure?

Microsoft phone support did not listen to us and blamed the WIFI and Netflix. Those people really have very little technical knowledge or skills and yet will insist on the phone that they are experts. Terribly frustrating to speak with them.

DavidWPrice, Nov 13, 2020
  3. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now my Netflix and Amazon Prime movies do not work for me.

Hi Jewels,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are in a frustrating situation because Netflix and Amazon Prime movies are not working on Windows 10.

I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

This issue could occur due to improper installation of Silverlight, corrupt or incompatible graphic card and due to any third party antivirus installed on your system.

Please answer these queries below, for a better understanding of your issue:
    • Do you receive any error code or error message?
    • Have you installed any third party antivirus on your system?
    • How do you access Netflix and Amazon Prime movies ? ( web browser or app)
    You can also watch Netflix movies and Amazon Prime movies using the Xbox App.

Please refer to the suggestions of Vanessa Sohtun, replied on September 2, 2015, to fix your issue with Netflix movies and Amazon Prime movies.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/.../netflix/549ed1b7-d516-468e-980e-4712c1f7aa3d

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 13, 2020
  4. CarlaErb Win User

Streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime showing only a green screen

I followed the steps but got to message that my device (a new Acer laptop) was up to date. Was no choice offered to update drivers. Not sure what to try next. It seems to have something to do with this being a new laptop.

Have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling both Netflix and Amazon Prime apps.

CarlaErb, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows freeze while using Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc - Similar Threads - freeze while using

2. BSOD while using Amazon Prime Video for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while using Amazon Prime Video for Windows: Hi,I was watching a movie on Amazon Prime Video for Windows application on my laptop and suddenly a BSOD came up. I got the minidump file, which I've uploaded to OneDrive. Can anyone please check the file and let me know the reason for the crash?You can get the file here:...
  3. BSOD while using Amazon Prime Video for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while using Amazon Prime Video for Windows: Hi,I was watching a movie on Amazon Prime Video for Windows application on my laptop and suddenly a BSOD came up. I got the minidump file, which I've uploaded to OneDrive. Can anyone please check the file and let me know the reason for the crash?You can get the file here:...
  4. Can't Access Streaming Sites Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access Streaming Sites Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+: I've got a bit of weird problem that only started happening recently. When connected to my modem via ethernet, I cannot access the Netflix website through my browser Edge, nor Amazon Prime or Disney+. The Prime Video and Netflix apps fro, the Windows Store also do not work....
  5. Bluescreen while watching Amazon Prime

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen while watching Amazon Prime: Dear all, for some time now I have the recurring problem that my system crashes while watching a video on Amazon Prime no matter whether I use Chrome, Edge or Firefox. I also watch videos on Netflix etc. but here I never encountered this problem. I uploaded the minidump...
  6. PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA While trying to stream Netflix/Amazon Prime/etc

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA While trying to stream Netflix/Amazon Prime/etc: Hi I have observed my laptop is rebooting every time when I am trying to stream Netflix/Amazon Prime/etc on the browser. I have dual boot windows 10 setup. [ATTACH] Is there any solution to fix this? Can somebody help me with this?...
  7. Streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime showing only a green screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime showing only a green screen: On Netflix or Amazon Video I can see previews, but when I make a selection I hear the soundtrack but cannot see the picture...only get a green screen. How to fix this?...
  8. BSOD while watching Amazon Prime Video

BSOD while watching Amazon Prime Video: Hi All, Everytime I open https://www.primevideo.com and try to watch any video, my system crashes and a Bluescreen is displayed with the Stopcode PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA. Upon running the Verifier command, it displayed Stop Code: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION...
  9. Netflix & Amazon Prime freeze and Games have fps drop on Windows 10 high end hardware

Netflix & Amazon Prime freeze and Games have fps drop on Windows 10 high end hardware: I got a really annoying problem on my windows 10 high end PC. I could usually run two things at the same time without problems. That would be a video game on one screen and a browser with video-streaming on the other (Netflix or Amazon Prime). But ever so often I noticed that...
  10. Amazon Prime Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amazon Prime Music: I installed the Amazon Prime App on my laptop, which has Windows 10. Shortly after going online, the app takes over the screen and I have to close it to access whatever I'm trying to access (Bing, email, favorite addresses, whatever). It's a minor inconvenience, granted, but...