Windows 10: Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up

Discus and support Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have an Asus Laptop GX 531 GX, with intel 8750h and rtx 2080 maxQ. A few days from now, my system started to jam like small screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rsafael, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Rsafael Win User

Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up

Hello everyone,

I have an Asus Laptop GX 531 GX, with intel 8750h and rtx 2080 maxQ. A few days from now, my system started to jam like small screen freezes and sound buzzing noises, after 15-20 min after I boot up the computer. Or after suspending the computer. Unfortunatly I spent full days trying to figure out a solution on forums and nothing helped. The problem continues and I don't know what else to do. This happens even when I'm just on the homescreen doing nothing.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Best regards,

Rafael

:)

Rsafael, Nov 30, 2020

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Nov 30, 2020
  3. dawei Win User
    Windows 7 freezes for 1 minute

My custom built rig has lately, in the past 2 months or so, been having these spits of freezing. It will freeze for exactly 1 minute: always 1 minute, every time. I can time it down to the second.

The weird thing is that when it freezes, some programs seem to be immune to it. When playing a full screen game, video and audio will freeze (though not always at the same time, sometimes one or the other will lag). Playing a 3D game in windowed mode seems to be immune to it however. Windows explorer and Firefox always seems to freeze, but Windows Messenger (including video call) will work as normal even while everything else is frozen. After a minute has passed, everything is back to normal. It happens at irregular intervals: sometimes it will happen then happen again 30 seconds later, and sometimes I can go hours without the problem.

It's a bit bizarre and I'm not sure what is causing it. The fact that it is always exactly 1 minute makes me think it's some dumb program checking for an update or something, but I can't pin it down.

Any ideas appreciated.

dawei, Nov 30, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up - Similar Threads - freezes few minutes

2. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freeze after few minutes of usage: Hello.i want to find a solution about my crashing PC, i wonder if someone can help me.so at first i use my computer normally, but then it starts freezing, i can't click anything, can't do Ctrl + Alt + Del, after a while it shows the blue screen of death with various code,...
  3. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freeze after few minutes of usage: Hello.i want to find a solution about my crashing PC, i wonder if someone can help me.so at first i use my computer normally, but then it starts freezing, i can't click anything, can't do Ctrl + Alt + Del, after a while it shows the blue screen of death with various code,...
  4. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Pc freezes after a few minutes

Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  7. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  8. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?: Newly built pc about a month old, everything was running great till about a week ago. After logging in, it would do its normal thing and start everything up and get it ready about 3-5 minutes in it just freezes, unresponsive, screen is still on and pc fans are still running....
  10. Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up

Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up: My PC freezes after 5 minutes of being logged in. (Windows 10) However I can still move the mouse, click on things but nothing will happen I sometimes also get a "Microsoft windows is not responding' popup, I cant interact with that either I checked task manager and it...