Windows 10: Windows freezes after pin is put in

Discus and support Windows freezes after pin is put in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 started freezing after I put in my pin, the loading circle also freezes in about 13 seconds after that happens, I can boot into troubleshoot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WinterBrannam, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Windows freezes after pin is put in

Windows 10 started freezing after I put in my pin, the loading circle also freezes in about 13 seconds after that happens, I can boot into troubleshoot mode, but the system states"windows could not reset due to an error" after trying to reset windows and reinstall, this means some sys file is corrupted but my question is how.., this started as my internet not working good, btw I haven't downloaded anything from the internet except for steam and discord, I will have to reinstall from a flash drive now, but I just want some help before I go that far, also safe mode doesn't even get loaded into when I try to, it just sends me to my normal login page with my pin, is this winlogon.exe's dll or sys file corruption? This pc costed me 1,200$ and I am not willing to get rid of it unless absolutely necessary. It has all of my stuff on it.. this sucks.. I have tried all things in troubleshoot, but I don't know the password, only the pin, for the administrator account that I used to login to with a pin, not a pass, also it just immediately freezes if I press or click snything except the pin input area, power button bottom right, just crashes, so the does sign in options, help please, anyone

:)

WinterBrannam, Oct 21, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Windows freezes after pin is put in

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows freezes after pin is put in

1. Windows freezes after pin is put in - Similar Threads - freezes pin put

2. Grey screen after putting in pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen after putting in pin: My laptop starts up perfectly fine, I enter my pin/password and it does the whole “welcome” thing, after about 10 seconds the entirety of the screen goes grey and stays like that. I have tried waiting to see if it is just loading and I have tried shutting down the laptop....
  3. Grey screen after putting in pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen after putting in pin: My laptop starts up perfectly fine, I enter my pin/password and it does the whole “welcome” thing, after about 10 seconds the entirety of the screen goes grey and stays like that. I have tried waiting to see if it is just loading and I have tried shutting down the laptop....
  4. Not able to put pin

Not able to put pin: When I enter my pin it says your credentials cannot be found and when i click on ok itsays "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0xc000006d;substatus:0x0. Restart your device to see if that fixes the problem ." And when i restart it shows the "updates are...
  5. Not able to put pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to put pin: When I enter my pin it says your credentials cannot be found and when i click on ok itsays "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0xc000006d;substatus:0x0. Restart your device to see if that fixes the problem ." And when i restart it shows the "updates are...
  6. I can’t put in my pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t put in my pin.: I’ve restarted, troubleshooted, safe mode, shutting it down completely and yet none of it works. I know my keyboard is capable of typing due to the fact that when I clicked on “I forgot my PIN” when it asked me for my passcode I was able to type perfectly fine. This keyboard...
  7. I can’t put in my pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t put in my pin.: I’ve restarted, troubleshooted, safe mode, shutting it down completely and yet none of it works. I know my keyboard is capable of typing due to the fact that when I clicked on “I forgot my PIN” when it asked me for my passcode I was able to type perfectly fine. This keyboard...
  8. I can’t put in my pin.

9. Windows 10 freezing and PIN not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 freezing and PIN not working: Was using Windows 10 all week and everything was fine and used it this morning and it was fine however this was installed today:Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus-KB2267602 version 1.327.366.0 Now when I start my PC it freezes on the lockscreen....
  10. Windows desktop freezes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows desktop freezes when put to sleep: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.535 Occurs on both Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra and Master motherboards both with latest BIOS and boot with optimized defaults Intel i9-9900K CPU GSkill 16GB memory: F4-3600C16D-16GTRS or F4-3400C16D-16GTZ Optane 280GB 900P SSD...