Windows 10: Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works

Discus and support Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Specs if neededRyzen 7 5800hsRTX 305016gb MHzWindows 10LaptopEvery now and then after I switch applications frequently after alt+tabbing, my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MartinYang22, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works

Specs if neededRyzen 7 5800hsRTX 305016gb MHzWindows 10LaptopEvery now and then after I switch applications frequently after alt+tabbing, my screen freezes and nothing responds. I am still able to move the cursor, and continue speaking in voice chats as the screen is frozen. Sound still plays too. However, If i close my computer and re-open it, the screen goes back to normal.

:)

MartinYang22, Dec 4, 2021
  2. NancySXF Win User

Cursor freezes with Windows 10 when computer has hibernated the cursor will not start up.

Since Switching to windows 10 my cursor freezes when the laptop sleeps and doesnt wake up. I have to force a close and restart to get it to work. Any suggestions for a fix?

NancySXF, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works

Issues with the cursor freeze in windows 10

Original Title: Cursor freeze

I've upgraded 5 systems so far to Windows 10. But 3 times I've tried to upgrade an Asus K72F-A1 laptop and each time the cursor will freeze and a hard reboot is required. When the system comes back up the cursor is still frozen and the system is useless
    until I reinstall the Win 7 image. I've tried wiping my disk and installing a clean Win 10 and I've tried all the online "suggestions" I've found for fixing this but nothing so far will work.

BlueBird_1, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works

1. Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works - Similar Threads - freezes switching applications

2. Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works: Specs if neededRyzen 7 5800hsRTX 305016gb MHzWindows 10LaptopEvery now and then after I switch applications frequently after alt+tabbing, my screen freezes and nothing responds. I am still able to move the cursor, and continue speaking in voice chats as the screen is frozen....
  3. Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works: Specs if neededRyzen 7 5800hsRTX 305016gb MHzWindows 10LaptopEvery now and then after I switch applications frequently after alt+tabbing, my screen freezes and nothing responds. I am still able to move the cursor, and continue speaking in voice chats as the screen is frozen....
  4. Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working: Hi, I'm experiencing Windows 10 freezes on the 1st startup, however, the mouse cursor is still working but unable to click anything and the PC was fine on working for few hours after the restart by pressing the reset button.It happened since early October and it was fine...
  5. Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working: Hi, I'm experiencing Windows 10 freezes on the 1st startup, however, the mouse cursor is still working but unable to click anything and the PC was fine on working for few hours after the restart by pressing the reset button.It happened since early October and it was fine...
  6. Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working

7. Computer freezing but mouse cursor still functions

Computer freezing but mouse cursor still functions: I'm having a problem with Windows 10 freezing at random times. It happens when I'm playing a game or just being idle. The mouse pointer will still move, and I'm able to open the start menu but when clicking buttons and trying to open the task manager, nothing actually...
  8. Screen freeze, but mouse and applications still works

Screen freeze, but mouse and applications still works: Randomly, when exiting from a video in full screen i.e. Youtube, Twitch, etc. while playing games, the screen will "freeze." The mouse still works, I can move it around and interact with the application; I can also see the mouse move. The applications themselves still...
  9. Freezes but mouse cursor and keyboard still work - must reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freezes but mouse cursor and keyboard still work - must reboot: Greetings, I have what I think is a pretty unusual freezing problem on my Windows 10 machine that I'm hoping someone can help me with. This only started happening after I upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 64-bit last fall. I did a fresh install on a brand new...
  10. Cursor doesn't work, it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor doesn't work, it freezes: Whenever I boot up Roblox, I can play a little bit before my cursor freezes on the spot in-game, rendering it unplayable...is this an issue with ROBLOX or Windows? I can't play the game and my friends are sad that I can't play because I can't play. It works on normal desktop,...