Windows 10: Windows freezes and crashes (BSOD: "Unexpected Storage Exception")

Discus and support Windows freezes and crashes (BSOD: "Unexpected Storage Exception") in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I built a brand new PC. I updated Windows, installed drivers, updated BIOS and started playing Metro Exodus. After a few hours, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kai Beu, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Kai Beu Win User

Windows freezes and crashes (BSOD: "Unexpected Storage Exception")

Hello,

yesterday I built a brand new PC. I updated Windows, installed drivers, updated BIOS and started playing Metro Exodus. After a few hours, I saw the SSD where Windows is installed to go from 1% to 100% and my computer would freeze. A couple seconds later I get a BSOD with the error "Unexpected Storage Exception". So I googled and uninstalled my AntiVirus program (Kaspersky), reinstalled windows, checked my SSD with CrystalDiskInfo and checked my RAM with the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Result: No errors detected. Everything should work fine.

The crashed occur very inconsistently, sometimes it crashed after 30min sometimes after 10 hours. I have nothing running except for my monitoring tools (NZXT CAM, CrystalDiskInfo, Task Manager) and a game (mostly Metro Exodus atm).

Now I just don't know what else to test. I really want to avoid sending in my NVMe SSD for a replacement and I hope someone could help me find an easy fix. I understand that it might not be possible but I really hope you have any ideas.

Specs:

Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (stock speed)

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (stock speed)

RAM: 2x 8GB G.Skill Aegis @3000MHz (stock speed)

1TB NVMe SSD from Crucial (CT1000P1SSD8) (this is the one that goes to 100% right before the crash)

1TB SATA SSD (SanDisk SSD PLUS)

1TB HDD

In the Windows Event Manager I cannot find any errors except for "unexpected crash".

Please help <3,

Kai

:)

Kai Beu, Mar 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 BSOD error "Unexpected Storage Exception" on waking the computer

Ok,

I have gone into Device Manager and updated EVERY driver for EVERY device, including, but not limited to, those mentioned above.

Thought it was all sorted out, then I got the BSOD, with "Unexpected Storage Exception".

Link to last 3 dmp file below.

Crash Data 1/17/16

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Thoughts?

SeanCorbett, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception

While I was on youtube the other day, a random BSOD appeared saying "Unexpected Storage Exception", this is the first time I've ever seen this particular BSOD, but since seeing this error my computer will no longer boot up. The only thing it says when I try to boot it up is "Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". I have two drives in my pc, a 240 gb PNY ssd that houses my OS and a 2tb seagate hdd, I took out the ssd and put it into an external inclosure to see if the drive had crashed but it shows up on my laptop and doesn't appear to have crashed, so I'm unsure on what to do next.

lonelylunar, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Barry.A Win User

unexpected store exception BSOD

While gaming my computer randomly locks up and bsod with this error unexpected store exception

Ill attach the mini dump I found after the crash

MiniDump file

Barry.A, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows freezes and crashes (BSOD: "Unexpected Storage Exception") - Similar Threads - freezes crashes BSOD

2. Unexpected store exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected store exception BSOD: My laptop has been freezing and experiencing BSOD with the error code unexpected store exception. After I shut the laptop down and turn it back on everything seems normal but then it crashes after a while I have tried a bunch of methods on YouTube and nothing seems to work....
  3. BSOD unexpected store exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD unexpected store exception: Hi MicrosoftI am getting blue screens which say unexpected store exception and it’s very frustrating. I’ve had this issue for about a year now, and it seems to only happen when I’m playing a game. What are some steps I can take to get rid of this error? I’m sure it’s one of...
  4. BSOD "Unexpected Store exception"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD "Unexpected Store exception": Hi, Recently I have been getting the Unexpected store exception BSOD error while playing games like F1 or sea of thieves.Currently I have tried all this https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-unexpected-store-exception-error-in-windows-10/ website advises but that...
  5. Crash: "Unexpected Store Exception"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crash: "Unexpected Store Exception": Hello. Yesterday night I was playing VR and in a timespan of 2 hours I got 3 blue screens all with the code "Unexpected Store Exception" Does anyone what thast means and how I can fix it? submitted by /u/OfficialDia [link] [comments]...
  6. BSOD - Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - Unexpected Store Exception: A month or so ago I continuously got the Unexpected Store Exception BSOD. After the crash, upon restarting I would be unable to access my D drive a HDD until another shut down and restart. However, no files were ever corrupted on my D drive. After trying multiple things and...
  7. Bluescreen with “unexpected storage exception” error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluescreen with “unexpected storage exception” error: Hey, I recently formatted my PC (3 days ago) and yesterday I started downloading WoW and PUBG and I got a blue screen with the error mentioned in the title.After the bluescreen my pc didn’t get past the BIOS in the startup and showed me this message: http://prntscr.com/rl4w3j...
  8. Unexpected Store exception BSoD ntoskrnl.exe. endless freezes and crashes

Unexpected Store exception BSoD ntoskrnl.exe. endless freezes and crashes: I uploaded my minidump files for analysis through onedrive for your consideration: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AicQXuPZF1-Dh04zj0v4BsRddfnj?e=N1oiKH to note, this a recently bought lenovo laptop. I have searched online for solutions and so far I had. Perfomed Sfc scannow, and...
  9. BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION

BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION: Hey all, I bought an IBUYPOWER pc at the start of April. I've been trying to trouble shoot myself with not much luck. I'm not super computer smart, I know my way around and the basics but this is beyond me. Some specs: System: Intel Core i7-8700K Six-Core Processor 3.7 GHz...
  10. Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception

Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception: While I was on youtube the other day, a random BSOD appeared saying "Unexpected Storage Exception", this is the first time I've ever seen this particular BSOD, but since seeing this error my computer will no longer boot up. The only thing it says when I try to boot it up is...