Windows 10: Windows freezes and fails to create log file

Discus and support Windows freezes and fails to create log file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently Windows 10 has been randomly freezing while browsing or doing any basic task, the cursor freezes and if there's music or sound it freezes on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gabrimeo, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Gabrimeo Win User

Windows freezes and fails to create log file

Recently Windows 10 has been randomly freezing while browsing or doing any basic task, the cursor freezes and if there's music or sound it freezes on a loop. The computer won't shut down or display a blue screen, it can sit there frozen for hours until forced reboot.

Event viewer won't display a crash log. Only this:

"Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation."

Here´s what I have tried so far:

1) Upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version.
    2) sfc /scannow (No integrity violations found)
    3) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

4) Update graphics drivers

The problem persists.

:)

Gabrimeo, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Dec 15, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows freezes and fails to create log file - Similar Threads - freezes fails create

2. Windows freezing then BSOD. No Minidump files created.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing then BSOD. No Minidump files created.: Windows freezes during normal use of my computer e.g., when opening file explorer, browser, etc. After a while, I get BSOD with the message:"Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you....Stop...
  3. Windows freezing then BSOD. No Minidump files created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezing then BSOD. No Minidump files created.: Windows freezes during normal use of my computer e.g., when opening file explorer, browser, etc. After a while, I get BSOD with the message:"Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you....Stop...
  4. Windows freezing then BSOD. No Minidump files created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Failing to create a pin upon windows 10 log in After update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Failing to create a pin upon windows 10 log in After update: I updated my PC from windows 10 version 1709 to version 2004 in order to get some programs which weren't compatible with that version working. Once the update had finished it asked me to log into my Microsoft account. once logged in it asks me to create a PIN for my PC but...
  6. Windows event log service endlessly creates files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows event log service endlessly creates files: So i turned my pc on today, as it loaded it said that its finishing setup of some update. I ran discord (i rarely use it so its not set on auto-start), checked it and ran red dead redemption 2 and started playing. Then, as i was playing, i foolishly alt+tabbed to check...
  7. Startup Repair failed with no Log File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup Repair failed with no Log File: Hi All, Last night I was trying to shut down Windows, however, it didn't fully shut down and kept logging me back in. I tried going through the start menu and using Alt+F4, to no avail. I decided to forcefully shut down the system by long pressing the power button. This...
  8. 2 log files created in windows temp

in Windows 10 Support
    2 log files created in windows temp: Hi I have 2 log files created over and over again in Windows temp folder: 1. aria-debug-xxxx.log xxxx changes between files. The content is either empty or includes one line: Logging inited C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\aria-debug-12272.log 1 I read it might be related to OneDrive but...
  9. Windows freezes when creating a new file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes when creating a new file: Do you know how you can right click to create a file? well, whenever I hover over new it freezes my computer. just a note, I had updated to the newest windows and it only started happening after it was downloaded....
  10. Creating shortcuts freeze explorer / create tmp files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating shortcuts freeze explorer / create tmp files.: Hello, I currently have reformatted & installed Windows 10. I've been having this weird issue where if I rename / create shortcuts my computer will freeze. After about 15-20 seconds, explorer will restart and put files "~ew shortcut.tmp / New shortcut.lnk~RF3cc187.TMP" on my...