Windows 10: Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse

Discus and support Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem started a few days ago. What happens is that the pc freezes and I'm not able to click on anything, if I'm playing a video it keeps on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jorgeibanez, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse

This problem started a few days ago.

What happens is that the pc freezes and I'm not able to click on anything, if I'm playing a video it keeps on sounding and I'm still able to move the mose. The only thing I can do to fix it is restarting the machine.

My pc has these specs:

ryzen 5 3600

gigabyte 2070 super

600w psu

b450 mobo

1 sata of 1tb ssd

1 nvme of 1tb ssd

:)

jorgeibanez, Aug 24, 2020

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Mouse Freezing need help pls.

Hi Ephraim,

User profile corruption can cause issues with certain devices, including your optical mouse, in
    Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Aside from changing USB ports, did you use a different mouse to see if the same issue will occur while playing games?
    • Have you tried checking the manufacturer's website for updated mouse drivers for
      Windows 10?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user on your computer to see if your mouse still freezes while using a different local account. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 24, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse

Mouse freezing

Hi Kerby,

If your mouse is freezing or is stuck, it could be due to outdated mouse drivers, or that it could point out to be a hardware-related problem. For us to isolate the issue in using your mouse, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Are you using the touch pad of your laptop or are you using an external USB mouse? If you are using an external USB mouse, are you able to use the mouse when you connect it to another computer? This is for us to see if the issue is hardware-related or not.
    • When did the issue start to occur? Did it happen after installing an update or an app?

We look forward to your prompt response.

David Haz, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse

1. Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse - Similar Threads - freezes I'm still

2. Windows freezes but still able to move mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes but still able to move mouse: Whenever I play a game on my PC usually Valorant and I switch to a different application, both my screens freeze and I can’t see what is going on. My mouse moves fine while everything else freezes. Usually, I can still talk to people on Discord as I use Push to talk and I can...
  3. Windows freezes but still able to move mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes but still able to move mouse: Whenever I play a game on my PC usually Valorant and I switch to a different application, both my screens freeze and I can’t see what is going on. My mouse moves fine while everything else freezes. Usually, I can still talk to people on Discord as I use Push to talk and I can...
  4. Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves: Hi, a friend brought his PC over to me for this very same issue. I noticed his PC would get to the desktop and then freeze and u would be unable to click or interact with anything, I would still be able to move the mouse pointer around however. After swapping around ram,...
  5. Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves

Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves: Hi, a friend brought his PC over to me for this very same issue. I noticed his PC would get to the desktop and then freeze and u would be unable to click or interact with anything, I would still be able to move the mouse pointer around however. After swapping around ram,...
  6. Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Display freezes, but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display freezes, but mouse still moves: I'm having a Dell G3 3579 laptop, and recently, there's an issue of the screen freezing up, but the mouse still move, and everything else works just fine for a few mins, until the laptop totally freezes up.I've done the hardware tests, and didnt get any kind of error. Ran a...
  8. Display freezes, but mouse still moves

Display freezes, but mouse still moves: I'm having a Dell G3 3579 laptop, and recently, there's an issue of the screen freezing up, but the mouse still move, and everything else works just fine for a few mins, until the laptop totally freezes up.I've done the hardware tests, and didnt get any kind of error. Ran a...
  9. Computer freezes but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes but mouse still moves: My computer has been freezing to where all my apps don't respond if I open any game BUT destiny 2 on the lowest settings. By freezing I mean I'm able to move my apps and minimize but can't close them. Also in discord my voice calls all stop taking audio and nothing with in...
  10. Computer freezes but mouse still moves and computer is still on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes but mouse still moves and computer is still on: Hello, My PC keeps freezing up where nothing will work -- Office apps might open but not close, other files/folders won't open if clicked on. Yet my mouse will still move and my PC is still "on". I have brand new parts in my PC -- new RAM, new graphics card, new...