Windows 10: Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse

Discus and support Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem started a few days ago. What happens is that the pc freezes and I'm not able to click on anything, if I'm playing a video it keeps on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jorgeibanez, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse

This problem started a few days ago.

What happens is that the pc freezes and I'm not able to click on anything, if I'm playing a video it keeps on sounding and I'm still able to move the mose. The only thing I can do to fix it is restarting the machine.

My pc has these specs:

ryzen 5 3600

gigabyte 2070 super

600w psu

b450 mobo

1 sata of 1tb ssd

1 nvme of 1tb ssd

:)

jorgeibanez, Aug 24, 2020

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Mouse Freezing need help pls.

Hi Ephraim,

User profile corruption can cause issues with certain devices, including your optical mouse, in
    Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Aside from changing USB ports, did you use a different mouse to see if the same issue will occur while playing games?
    • Have you tried checking the manufacturer's website for updated mouse drivers for
      Windows 10?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user on your computer to see if your mouse still freezes while using a different local account. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 24, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse

Mouse freezing

Hi Kerby,

If your mouse is freezing or is stuck, it could be due to outdated mouse drivers, or that it could point out to be a hardware-related problem. For us to isolate the issue in using your mouse, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Are you using the touch pad of your laptop or are you using an external USB mouse? If you are using an external USB mouse, are you able to use the mouse when you connect it to another computer? This is for us to see if the issue is hardware-related or not.
    • When did the issue start to occur? Did it happen after installing an update or an app?

We look forward to your prompt response.

David Haz, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse

1. Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse - Similar Threads - freezes I'm still

2. windows freezes but mouse still works

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows freezes but mouse still works: so im doing this for my brother. so yesterday he opened his computer and then it said Toshiba like it always has and then when the screen turned to the lock screen nothing showed up except his lock screen background and his mouse whatever button you pressed nothing happened...
  3. MY PC RANDOMLY FREEZES BUT I'M STILL ABLE TO DO SOME THINGS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY PC RANDOMLY FREEZES BUT I'M STILL ABLE TO DO SOME THINGS: Specs AMD Ryzen 7 2600 Ram 16gb 1 Tera ssd 8gb vram gpu 850wat power supply Mb rog strix 350 gaming Windows 10 pro I have this pc for a year now but the last month I have a freezing issue. Every day when I open my pc after a few minutes it freezes. Sometimes it's...
  4. Windows computer freezes but I can still move my mouse.

Windows computer freezes but I can still move my mouse.: Hello I am having a problem that has been getting worse recently. My computer has been freezing, I can still move my mouse but cannot interact with anything else. It starts whenever I use the computer for at least 20 minutes it will freeze up an application. I can briefly...
  5. PC Freezes and completely deadlocks at random times with mouse able to move for a couple...

PC Freezes and completely deadlocks at random times with mouse able to move for a couple...: Hello, about a year ago I built my PC and it had been running great for a while. However, a couple months ago, my PC randomly froze. For a couple seconds though, I could move my mouse until that froze too. My PC responded to nothing and was completely deadlocked forcing me to...
  6. PC freezing shortly after start-up but mouse still moves and audio still plays?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezing shortly after start-up but mouse still moves and audio still plays?: I've been having this issue for months 75% of the time it will freeze with symptoms described after a reboot or startup and a small percent of the time it won't freeze and it'll be good until I reboot again. Does anyone have a solution for this or any advice? submitted by...
  7. Windows 10 freezes up not responding mouse still moves but cannot click on anything,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes up not responding mouse still moves but cannot click on anything,...: Please help, its been happening quite often and its really fustrating. The entire system locks up and stays with a spinning blue circle after a while. The keyboard doesnt respond either so I cant bring up the task manager but even if I do I cant click on anything and always...
  8. Windows 10 freezes, mouse still moveable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes, mouse still moveable: Hello, I've been looking for a solution but seem to not find anything that solves my problem so here is my problem: I recently updated my windows 7 PC to a 100% clean fresh installation of windows 10 even going so far to overwrite any personal data over it to start from...
  9. Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves

Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves: Hi, I have this issue where my PC will slowly freeze and the UI becomes completely unresponsive. It happens randomly and the computer will not aknowledge any form of keyboard input, including Ctrl+Alt+Del or even Ctrl+Win+Shift+B (for restarting the graphics driver). The...
  10. Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves

Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves: Hi, I have this issue where my PC will slowly freeze and the UI becomes completely unresponsive. It happens randomly and the computer will not aknowledge any form of keyboard input, including Ctrl+Alt+Del or even Ctrl+Win+Shift+B (for restarting the graphics driver). The...