Windows 10: Windows freezes but mouse moving 1903 update

Discus and support Windows freezes but mouse moving 1903 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been acquiring This issue after I have installed the 1903 update. Before this update, My laptop was running fine. The problem that I'm having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tanmaysinghal, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Windows freezes but mouse moving 1903 update

I have been acquiring This issue after I have installed the 1903 update. Before this update, My laptop was running fine.
    The problem that I'm having is that when I'm playing or working on my laptop my windows freezes but the mouse is moving and also I can't do any selection for some 5-6 seconds which is very irritating when I'm playing games.

I have tried most of the solution but none of them work, I can't re-install the windows as there is a lot of important item on my laptop.

:)

tanmaysinghal, Jun 28, 2019

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Freezes But Mouse Still Moves

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest Mice and other pointing devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.

c. Right-click on the HID compliant mouse and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Windows freezes but mouse moving 1903 update

Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

Sooooo replace mouse?

Frick, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows freezes but mouse moving 1903 update

1. Windows freezes but mouse moving 1903 update - Similar Threads - freezes mouse moving

2. Windows 11 keeps freezing but mouse still move

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps freezing but mouse still move: Windows 11 keeps freezing but mouse still move cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-keeps-freezing-but-mouse-still-move/50acf4d8-b8bb-4145-9733-97476a18277f
  3. Windows freezes but still able to move mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes but still able to move mouse: Whenever I play a game on my PC usually Valorant and I switch to a different application, both my screens freeze and I can’t see what is going on. My mouse moves fine while everything else freezes. Usually, I can still talk to people on Discord as I use Push to talk and I can...
  4. Windows freezes but still able to move mouse

Windows freezes but still able to move mouse: Whenever I play a game on my PC usually Valorant and I switch to a different application, both my screens freeze and I can’t see what is going on. My mouse moves fine while everything else freezes. Usually, I can still talk to people on Discord as I use Push to talk and I can...
  5. Display freezes, but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display freezes, but mouse still moves: I'm having a Dell G3 3579 laptop, and recently, there's an issue of the screen freezing up, but the mouse still move, and everything else works just fine for a few mins, until the laptop totally freezes up.I've done the hardware tests, and didnt get any kind of error. Ran a...
  6. Display freezes, but mouse still moves

Display freezes, but mouse still moves: I'm having a Dell G3 3579 laptop, and recently, there's an issue of the screen freezing up, but the mouse still move, and everything else works just fine for a few mins, until the laptop totally freezes up.I've done the hardware tests, and didnt get any kind of error. Ran a...
  7. Computer freezes but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes but mouse still moves: My computer has been freezing to where all my apps don't respond if I open any game BUT destiny 2 on the lowest settings. By freezing I mean I'm able to move my apps and minimize but can't close them. Also in discord my voice calls all stop taking audio and nothing with in...
  8. Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse: This problem started a few days ago. What happens is that the pc freezes and I'm not able to click on anything, if I'm playing a video it keeps on sounding and I'm still able to move the mose. The only thing I can do to fix it is restarting the machine. My pc has these...
  9. Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves: Hi, I have this issue where my PC will slowly freeze and the UI becomes completely unresponsive. It happens randomly and the computer will not aknowledge any form of keyboard input, including Ctrl+Alt+Del or even Ctrl+Win+Shift+B (for restarting the graphics driver). The...
  10. Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves: Hi, I have this issue where my PC will slowly freeze and the UI becomes completely unresponsive. It happens randomly and the computer will not aknowledge any form of keyboard input, including Ctrl+Alt+Del or even Ctrl+Win+Shift+B (for restarting the graphics driver). The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 1903 screen freeze mouse moves