Windows 10: windows freezes but mouse still works

Discus and support windows freezes but mouse still works in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; so im doing this for my brother. so yesterday he opened his computer and then it said Toshiba like it always has and then when the screen turned to the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by noobgaming101, Sep 8, 2020.

1. windows freezes but mouse still works

so im doing this for my brother. so yesterday he opened his computer and then it said Toshiba like it always has and then when the screen turned to the lock screen nothing showed up except his lock screen background and his mouse whatever button you pressed nothing happened except you can magnify. also his mouse showed up and you could use the mouse but nothing pops up to put your lock screen password please help thanks. windows freezes but mouse still works 243995fa-f10d-4729-b908-a9dc81988a93?upload=true.jpg

:)

noobgaming101, Sep 8, 2020

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Mouse Freezing need help pls.

Hi Ephraim,

User profile corruption can cause issues with certain devices, including your optical mouse, in
    Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Aside from changing USB ports, did you use a different mouse to see if the same issue will occur while playing games?
    • Have you tried checking the manufacturer's website for updated mouse drivers for
      Windows 10?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user on your computer to see if your mouse still freezes while using a different local account. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 8, 2020
  4. windows freezes but mouse still works

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

windows freezes but mouse still works

1. windows freezes but mouse still works - Similar Threads - freezes mouse still

2. Windows freezes but still able to move mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes but still able to move mouse: Whenever I play a game on my PC usually Valorant and I switch to a different application, both my screens freeze and I can’t see what is going on. My mouse moves fine while everything else freezes. Usually, I can still talk to people on Discord as I use Push to talk and I can...
  3. Windows 10 Display Freezes but Mouse Still Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Display Freezes but Mouse Still Works: I have an MSI laptop running Windows 10 and it's been working great until a couple of weeks ago. I have my laptop screen and a separate monitor connected via an HDMI cable. The problem is, both my displays freeze up after a random amount of time, however, I know it's only the...
  4. Windows 10 Display Freezes but Mouse Still Works

Windows 10 Display Freezes but Mouse Still Works: I have an MSI laptop running Windows 10 and it's been working great until a couple of weeks ago. I have my laptop screen and a separate monitor connected via an HDMI cable. The problem is, both my displays freeze up after a random amount of time, however, I know it's only the...
  5. Windows 10 Display Freezes but Mouse Still Works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working: Hi, I'm experiencing Windows 10 freezes on the 1st startup, however, the mouse cursor is still working but unable to click anything and the PC was fine on working for few hours after the restart by pressing the reset button.It happened since early October and it was fine...
  7. Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working

Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working: Hi, I'm experiencing Windows 10 freezes on the 1st startup, however, the mouse cursor is still working but unable to click anything and the PC was fine on working for few hours after the restart by pressing the reset button.It happened since early October and it was fine...
  8. Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Screen freezes but mouse and sound still work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes but mouse and sound still work: I have been having this issue for about a week now. Randomly, usually when gaming, my screen would freeze but my sound continues to be normal and I can move my mouse around. But I can't click on anything, alt+tab, or ctrl+alt+del. The only thing I can do is hold my power...
  10. Screen freeze, but mouse and applications still works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freeze, but mouse and applications still works: Randomly, when exiting from a video in full screen i.e. Youtube, Twitch, etc. while playing games, the screen will "freeze." The mouse still works, I can move it around and interact with the application; I can also see the mouse move. The applications themselves still...