Windows 10: Windows freezes but registers any keys being pressed.

Discus and support Windows freezes but registers any keys being pressed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So about a month ago I bought a Asus Tuf 505D from offer up. A day after a problem occurred. After resetting or turning on after being off, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Civil-Garbage, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Windows freezes but registers any keys being pressed.

So about a month ago I bought a Asus Tuf 505D from offer up. A day after a problem occurred. After resetting or turning on after being off, it ocationaly freezes at the password screen or right after I log in. The wierd thing about the freeze is that it registers any keyboard buttons being pressed as well and the mouse it just didn't show it. (I am able to type the password and log in while frozen, then put it in sleep mode turn it back on and Its logged in.) Is there any option to fix it before I have to wipe the drive and repair Windows?

submitted by /u/Civil-Garbage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Civil-Garbage, Aug 28, 2020
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Aug 28, 2020
  3. NicoleC Win User
    Mouse pad freezes when keys are pressed

since i updated to the windows 10 every time i press a key my mouse freezes for about 5 second. Does not freeze when I click CTRL, FN, ALT, SHIFT.
    I have turned off time delay for the mouse but nothing changed.

NicoleC, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Windows freezes but registers any keys being pressed.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows freezes but registers any keys being pressed.

1. Windows freezes but registers any keys being pressed. - Similar Threads - freezes registers keys

2. Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple: I got on my laptop this morning to find that whenever I am inputting text in any application that I need to press a key multiple times to get inputs to register. I do not mean that if I wanted to type the letter G that I need to press the G key multiple times, I can press the...
  3. Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple: I got on my laptop this morning to find that whenever I am inputting text in any application that I need to press a key multiple times to get inputs to register. I do not mean that if I wanted to type the letter G that I need to press the G key multiple times, I can press the...
  4. My shift key isn’t registering that it’s being pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My shift key isn’t registering that it’s being pressed: Whenever I press my shift key it doesn’t capitalize letters or let me place symbols. I’ve tried keyboard cleaner and it didn’t help, if anyone can help me I’d appreciate it....
  5. My shift key isn’t registering that it’s being pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shift key isn’t registering that it’s being pressed: Whenever I press my shift key it doesn’t capitalize letters or let me place symbols. I’ve tried keyboard cleaner and it didn’t help, if anyone can help me I’d appreciate it....
  6. My shift key isn’t registering that it’s being pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Letter ‘g’ is entered whenever there is any key being pressed on the keyboard: My laptop keyboard is acting weird, when I press any key on the keyboard, the key ‘g’ will be entered as well but this problem is intermediatesometimes happen, sometime don’t. I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and also testing with another keyboard, but no luck, the...
  8. Keboard not registering keys when pressing multiple keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keboard not registering keys when pressing multiple keys: Hey. I bought a new DELL keyboard and i use it to play fortnite. But when i hold down "w" and "a" and press spacebar while pressing the two keys, the spacebar pressing, but not jumping in the game, litterally, when holding the "W" and "A" key, the spacebar doesnt register the...
  9. Press any key to start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Press any key to start: This is as far as I get. Still photo of a plane taking off and music. "Press any key to start" appears. Click it and music continues but the screen goes black. A "wheel" spins in the lower right corner for second each time you click "PAKTS" but goes no further. Just want to...
  10. Certain keys not registering when pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys not registering when pressed: Both my a and f keys don't seem to registrar when I click them so I wonder if there is anything to be done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-not-registering-when-pressed/cb3b3ba9-261c-405a-a03e-4991414e6a49