Windows 10: Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...

Discus and support Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm very sure this issue is hardware related as it only happens on two of my systems with very similar Supermicro motherboards, X9DAE and X9DRi-LN+.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by damian101, Apr 27, 2020.

1. damian101 Win User

Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...

I'm very sure this issue is hardware related as it only happens on two of my systems with very similar Supermicro motherboards, X9DAE and X9DRi-LN+.

Linux always boots without problems.

:)

damian101, Apr 27, 2020
  2. BUG
    bug Win User

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

Usually a sign of memory going south. Try booting using one stick only (and change the stick if you have to).

3. grandekid Win User

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Apr 27, 2020
  4. StefanM Win User

Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...

When you say "force shutdown" you mean you hit the power button?

Try from a CLI:
    shutdown.exe /force

StefanM, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it... - Similar Threads - freezes during boot

2. Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown: PC was functioning normally. I stepped away for maybe an hour. Upon returning everything was frozen. I waited an additional half hour with no luck. At this time I forced a shutdown by holding the power button. After reboot it would not start windows and immediately went into...
  3. Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown: PC was functioning normally. I stepped away for maybe an hour. Upon returning everything was frozen. I waited an additional half hour with no luck. At this time I forced a shutdown by holding the power button. After reboot it would not start windows and immediately went into...
  4. Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bsod after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after forced shutdown: So I had to force shutdown my pc 2 days ago and when I turned it on again it was running fine, I ran sfc scannow which found and fixed corruption and ran it again and it said there were no corruptions but today it just blue screened on me out of nowhere. Why did it do this if...
  6. Audio Clicking/Popping after freeze and forced shutdown.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Clicking/Popping after freeze and forced shutdown.: Winver 1903 (OS build 18362.592) After attempting to load a Google Doc (not a short one, but one I've been able to load without a hitch every other time) my computer froze and I had to force-shutdown, since then my audio has been crackling and popping, and LatencyMon has...
  7. Pc wont boot after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc wont boot after forced shutdown: Hi, so i had to force shutdown my pc after it bugged with an installer. After this it wouldnt boot anymore. The setup i use wasnt touched in like 6 months, and it always worked perfectly without hickups. Now when i turn on my pc it will say ‘no signal’ on both monitors dvi...
  8. LOSS OF NORMAL WINDOW AFTER SHUTDOWN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LOSS OF NORMAL WINDOW AFTER SHUTDOWN: I am running Windows 10 on Inspiron 3793 bought just when Windows 7 stopped being supported. I lost the normal windows but was still able to get excel , word and use internet even if I had to use mouse differently from normal Going back to pale blue screen and pressing...
  9. Restart after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....
  10. Windows 10 does not boot after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not boot after forced shutdown: Hi, My HP Pavilion G6 laptop is no more booting into Windows 10 after I did a forced shutdown 3 days back when the system was hung. I am not sure if some Windows 10 update was running in the background when I forced a shutdown. Till now I have tried the following; -...