Windows 10: Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up

Discus and support Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, since yesterday evening I started having stutters every time I open up a video on youtube, a stream on twitch or even a video with VLC on my pc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SimoneBaglivi, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up

Hi, since yesterday evening I started having stutters every time I open up a video on youtube, a stream on twitch or even a video with VLC on my pc.

While looking around for similar problems I found a suggestion to change the frequency of my output audio device and while doing so I came by this: Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up 767efc9a-2a88-44a1-926a-95b747bc2407?upload=true.png

Even my device manager is equally messed up:

Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up ae4cc211-7827-4384-b8f0-f16d1b767b7b?upload=true.png

My GPU drivers are up to date as of this morning (AMD v18.9.3), I tried shutting down the computers and restarting it but to no avail. Before noticing it would happen even without using my browser I even tried doing a clean install of chrome.
    My CPU is a i5 4570, GPU is a R9 290.
    Any suggestion welcome, would prefer avoiding having to do a fresh install.

:)

SimoneBaglivi, Oct 10, 2018

2. buzzer sound when i play videos and video freezes

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

• Which application are you using to watch the Videos and where do you hear the buzzer sound?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows Updates?
    This issue could occur due to incompatible or corrupted sound card and graphic card drivers. Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

Method 1: Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• In the Search Window, type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    • Follow the same steps to run Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Let us know the results.
    If the issue persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Update the sound/display drivers.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your audio/sound devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Follow same steps for Display drivers.
    Restart the computer and check.

Step 2: Further try
    uninstall and reinstall Sound/Graphic drivers.

1.Press
    Windows key + R key.

2. Type
    devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3. In device manager go to display adapter/Sound Video and Game controller.

4. Right click and uninstall.

After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

Step 3: Check in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from the computer manufacture's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

For reference:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 10, 2018
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up

1. Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up - Similar Threads - freezes every play

2. Windows Hello PIN Pop-up freezes every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN Pop-up freezes every time: So about 2 months ago I was using Windows 10 and I reset my computer, but chose to keep my files. The file explorer kept freezing. The reset seemed to fix it. Then I upgraded to 11. Now anytime Windows Hello pop up appears it freezes the application that started it. So If I...
  3. Windows Hello PIN Pop-up freezes every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello PIN Pop-up freezes every time: So about 2 months ago I was using Windows 10 and I reset my computer, but chose to keep my files. The file explorer kept freezing. The reset seemed to fix it. Then I upgraded to 11. Now anytime Windows Hello pop up appears it freezes the application that started it. So If I...
  4. "Default Beep" sound played every time I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Default Beep" sound played every time I type: Hi, when I run specific programs such as roblox, I get played the "Default Beep" sound when i try to type, and it refuses to let me enter any numbers/letters/symbols. It doesnt give me any hints as to what is going on, no error message, nothing. I have gone into settings, and...
  5. "Default Beep" sound played every time I type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Default Beep" sound played every time I type: Hi, when I run specific programs such as roblox, I get played the "Default Beep" sound when i try to type, and it refuses to let me enter any numbers/letters/symbols. It doesnt give me any hints as to what is going on, no error message, nothing. I have gone into settings, and...
  6. "Default Beep" sound played every time I type

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Mouse will freeze whenever a sound or video is played or a system notification pops up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse will freeze whenever a sound or video is played or a system notification pops up.: My mouse will freeze when a video or a sound is played, as well as when a system update notification pops up. I have googled and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse drivers, and the graphics card drivers. I am using an octane mouse. The previous results to a...
  8. Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound: Whenever I play a video or audio file on my computer, the audio fades in about a second after I hit play. This started happening after I updated my PC a couple of days ago. Can't find the fix. I've tried many things. Anyone else having the same iddue? submitted by...
  9. Windows plays 'default beep' sound on login and every time I start Firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows plays 'default beep' sound on login and every time I start Firefox: Every time I log into windows, I get 2 default beep sounds and every time I start Firefox I get one too. It doesn't play when opening Chromium or Edge. It also plays when starting Firefox with addons disabled. If I start windows in safe mode, I don't get the sounds anymore....
  10. Windows 10 Screen time, still playing sounds once time is up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Screen time, still playing sounds once time is up: Hi, when my son's screen time is up his computer still continues to play the sounds of whatever he was doing even though the screen is blank and his time is up. for instance, if he was watching youtube he will still be able to hear it and if he was in a skype chat they...