Windows 10: Windows Freezes Hardware or Software Issue?

Discus and support Windows Freezes Hardware or Software Issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After inserting a USB my laptop freezes, after some time. Forcing me to button restart it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aaradhya Enterprises, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Windows Freezes Hardware or Software Issue?

After inserting a USB my laptop freezes, after some time. Forcing me to button restart it.

:)

Aaradhya Enterprises, Feb 8, 2020
  2. NcAdams Win User

WIndows 10 periodic hardware/software freeze

TL;DR: Every few minutes my computer's filesystem freezes, then the keyboard/mouse a minute later, then the screen ~5s later. When I change the power source everything goes back to normal.

FULL STORY: I have a new Acer Nitro 515-53 running Windows 10. Soon after getting it I started having an issue where many different systems freeze one after another. It generally happens like this:

• Elements of the Windows stops responding. There is no response when I try to open Windows search, the start menu, apps from the taskbar, etc.
    • 30sec to several minutes afterward, the keyboard and mouse stop responding (but the screen still works).
    • 5-10sec after that, the screen freezes.

The weirdest part: This is all fixed immediately if I change the power source (EITHER unplug it OR plug it in). When the power changes, it's as though all the commands I entered during the freeze get entered at once -- the mouse scurries around the screen, Windows search opens and closes, all my key inputs suddenly get entered.

It's getting pretty unbearable because at its worst this happens about once a minute. However, it sometimes stops for hours or days. (For some reason it's never happened to me while gaming, in case that matters.) I can't for the life of me find anything similar online, so I'm looking for any next steps you suggest

NcAdams, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Feb 8, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

Windows Freezes Hardware or Software Issue?

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

TIGR, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Freezes Hardware or Software Issue?

1. Windows Freezes Hardware or Software Issue? - Similar Threads - Freezes Hardware Software

2. Is this a software issue or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a software issue or hardware issue?: Recently built a new PC. Installed Windows 10 and ran updates. Once it was fully updated, it seemed to run fine for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I could not open simple windows like Task Manager, Device Manager, Settings, and type in the Search Bar. I could not even...
  3. Is this a software issue or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a software issue or hardware issue?: Recently built a new PC. Installed Windows 10 and ran updates. Once it was fully updated, it seemed to run fine for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I could not open simple windows like Task Manager, Device Manager, Settings, and type in the Search Bar. I could not even...
  4. Windows freeze, white screen, freeze after restart, Compatibly hardware and software ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freeze, white screen, freeze after restart, Compatibly hardware and software ?: Hi.I have a Medion beast x40 laptop model GM7PxxN with i9 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900HX and RTX 4080 12GB vram. BIOS V.1.21 and EC-1.09.I get all the time whitescreen, freeze when I'm playing some games, or after reboot get stuck on lock screen when is asking your for the...
  5. Windows freeze, white screen, freeze after restart, Compatibly hardware and software ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freeze, white screen, freeze after restart, Compatibly hardware and software ?: Hi.I have a Medion beast x40 laptop model GM7PxxN with i9 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900HX and RTX 4080 12GB vram. BIOS V.1.21 and EC-1.09.I get all the time whitescreen, freeze when I'm playing some games, or after reboot get stuck on lock screen when is asking your for the...
  6. PC very randomly freezing...hardware or software?

in Windows 10 Support
    PC very randomly freezing...hardware or software?: Hi, Originally was going to post this on the Intel NUC forums, but you guys seem more helpful. I'm having issues with my Intel NUC Phantom Canyon NUC11PHKi7CAA (i7 with RTX 2060 mobile) . It has developed a random freezing issue, which is a big problem as I'm using this as my...
  7. windows software or hardware issue, idk

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows software or hardware issue, idk: When I open any one of the application, they only are activated for a short time. They just close down and then I have to click on that app to activate it. I am not getting any error messages. I ran the troubleshooter, SFC scan as well as DISM scan. Nothing helps. Even for...
  8. Is this a software or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a software or hardware issue?: submitted by /u/VerbNoun123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwu5hq/is_this_a_software_or_hardware_issue/
  9. Hardware or Software Issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware or Software Issue?: I built a box for a friend of mine, used it for a week and shipped it to FL - specs below. The box arrived safely, with the exception of one SATA cable, which had come loose. OR - it wasn't properly seated by me. After a day or so of use, he tells me the machine is very slow...
  10. Multiple BSOD's - hardware or software issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD's - hardware or software issue?: Hi! Had some issues with my laptop in december and eventually handed it in to the store which I bought it from. They sent it along to a workshop who changed the motherboard. I just got the computer back earlier this week, but I'm experiencing similar issues, though not as...