Windows 10: Windows freezes only when I reboot

Discus and support Windows freezes only when I reboot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I finished assembling my PC, the problem is only when I hit the restart button or when some program needs to restart to continue with the installation.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/altoca_86, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Windows freezes only when I reboot

I finished assembling my PC, the problem is only when I hit the restart button or when some program needs to restart to continue with the installation.

The problem does not exist if I turn off and on the PC, if I force the shutdown with the cabinet button I do not have this problem either.

The problem is only when the PC restarts.

Without extra programs, even the problem starts as soon as the Windows installer makes the first reboot, I can continue to force a shutdown, but when there is another scheduled reboot the problem continues.

Latest version of Windows 10 as of today, usb created with the official tool.

PC Specifications:

- AMD RYZEN 5 3600XT (100-100000281BOX).

- ZOTAC NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 (ZT-T16600K-10M).

- RAM XPG SPECTRIX D41 16GB 3200MHZ (2X8GB) (AX4U320038G16A-ST41).

- MOBO B550M AORUS ELITE.

- SSD M.2 XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB 1TB NVME PCIE (AS40G-1TT-C).

- PSU GIGABYTE 550W 80+ BRONZE (GP-P550B).

- COOLER MASTER MASTERLIQUID ML120L V2 RGB 120MM (MLW-D12M-A18PC-R2).

- COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB320L (MCB-B320L-KGNN-S02).

NOTE: I don't want to be arrogant, but I have a lot of experience building teams, this is the second time that has happened to me (coincidentally with AMD and NVIDIA, with 1TB M.2 SSD).

Has anyone else been through this?

submitted by /u/altoca_86
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/altoca_86, Mar 1, 2021

2. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Mar 1, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Windows freezes only when I reboot

Windows freezes on the revolving circle upon reboot

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens if you do not restart when the blue circle freezes?
    • Does the freeze happen only during reboot?

For now, I suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and reboot your computer and check if you still experience the freeze. To log into Safe Mode refer to the article provided in the link below

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If you get the same symptoms in this mode as well, then I suggest that you check if you hard drive has any errors. To do so follow the steps below

1. Open This PC and then navigate to c: drive.

2. Right click on the drive and select Properties.

3. Then click on the Tools tab and under Error Checking
    click on Check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows freezes only when I reboot

1. Windows freezes only when I reboot - Similar Threads - freezes reboot

2. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  3. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  4. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...: My PC froze in the middle of a game and started making strange cracking noises. Now, after rebooting, the monitor, mouse and keyboard completely aren't working, like it don't respond, but the PC is on. I've checked and rechecked all the cables hundred times, but the issue...
  6. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...: My PC froze in the middle of a game and started making strange cracking noises. Now, after rebooting, the monitor, mouse and keyboard completely aren't working, like it don't respond, but the PC is on. I've checked and rechecked all the cables hundred times, but the issue...
  7. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

8. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

10. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware