Windows 10: Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond

Discus and support Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can move mouse and keyboard in other settings like if I plug in a bootable USB. But when I am at the screen to enter the password it isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a-lolololololololol, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond

I can move mouse and keyboard in other settings like if I plug in a bootable USB. But when I am at the screen to enter the password it isn't responding.

I tried to get my laptop into safe mode, same issue

submitted by /u/a-lolololololololol
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a-lolololololololol, Nov 16, 2020

2. windows 10 freezes at startup screen, cannot use keyboard or mouse

windows 10 freezes at startup screen, cannot use keyboard or mouse, can't log in , if I get that far with the keyboard, need to use the virtual keyboard...have rebooted by resetting the power button on the tower (will this do any harm to the computer??),
    has been happening since yesterday. Previously was working fine. Computer is only 2 months old, but I used my old keyboard and mouse.

JewelleeGibbs, Nov 16, 2020
  3. lonewolf Win User
    Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

I have had this issue before luckily I have and old PS keyboard and mouse to use until windows loads. What version of windows are you trying to load? Like suggested make sure you have usb support on in the bios and you select to load the driver packages in memory when loading windws

lonewolf, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond

1. Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond - Similar Threads - freezes startup screen

2. Windows 11 chimes on startup, won’t respond to keyboard or mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 chimes on startup, won’t respond to keyboard or mouse: Running Windows 11 on an HP Pavilion x360. The laptop went to sleep and wouldn’t wake up. After a hard restart, the windows background would load, and an error chime sounds. Now it won’t respond to keyboard or mouse input. Any ideas?...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.: Hello,My pc Freeze and keyboard turned off but the mouse still on power.So the pc monitor freeze the desktop still working like the GPU fan spinning. Stuck on gaming or browser no blue screen or shut down. The freeze last for few minutes then the desktop just turned...
  7. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.: Hello,My pc Freeze and keyboard turned off but the mouse still on power.So the pc monitor freeze the desktop still working like the GPU fan spinning. Stuck on gaming or browser no blue screen or shut down. The freeze last for few minutes then the desktop just turned...
  8. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond. Needed to force shutdown. Multiple Hardware...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond. Needed to force shutdown. Multiple Hardware...: My PC has been freezing and crashing very often these past few weeks that the mouse and keyboard are not responding, forcing me to force shutdown by pressing the power button on the CPU to turn it off. Sometimes it freezes on the page/site I am currently working on, sometimes...
  10. Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen: I was fettling my fan curves on my ASrock X570 pro4 (AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with 32GB 3000 DDR4, 512Gb Nvme SSD) to quieten it down a little, I was using the ASrock utility in Windows 10 (2004 update). The temps were at about 40degrees (CPU and motherboard) 52degrees (chipset)...