Windows 10: Windows freezes when one of the dots appears

Discus and support Windows freezes when one of the dots appears in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried using a system repair USB, but the response I got to repairing the boot system was that it failed. Nothing in the log. None of the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BraedenL, May 25, 2020.

1. BraedenL Win User

Windows freezes when one of the dots appears

I have tried using a system repair USB, but the response I got to repairing the boot system was that it failed. Nothing in the log. None of the other options were fruitful either. I have restarted many times with the same result of one dot appearing and freezing. I am not able to use F8 to get into safe mode/etc either.

I can't get into windows at all to do a reinstall through there. Is there anyway I can reinstall without losing all of my personal files? I have backed up this broken windows partition onto another drive so all of my files are still there. If I reinstall windows can I move my stuff over? Is there a better fix than this?

:)

BraedenL, May 25, 2020

2. Mail app- dot appears in text box.

Hi, P. Sanders.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would request you to send a screen shot of the "Dot" that appears on your mail app.

As of now, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Step 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooter”
    • Click on troubleshooter, on the left view pane, locate “View All”.
    • Then locate and click on “Windows Store Apps”.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 25, 2020
  3. Freezes at Blue Windows logo (no dots)

I've got what appears to be a common problem where my computer occasionally freezes at the blue windows logo upon startup, without any spinning dots. If I power down and reboot it loads fine. I've turned off the fast startup, and unplugged any external USB
    drives that would have a backup, which seem to be the two most common suggestions.

Let me know if you need any specific information regarding my PC. Thanks.

dburton1870, May 25, 2020
  4. Windows freezes when one of the dots appears

Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows freezes when one of the dots appears

1. Windows freezes when one of the dots appears - Similar Threads - freezes dots appears

2. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  3. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  4. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My computer freezes on the spinning dots when turning it on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes on the spinning dots when turning it on.: I tried getting rid of the activate windows watermark. I followed all the steps in this video Now, when I turn the pc on, the pc freezes on the black screen with the windows logo and spinning dots. I’ve already tried to boot it into safemode. But I don’t know what to do...
  6. Blue Square & Dots (Freeze) + BSOD when Booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Square & Dots (Freeze) + BSOD when Booting: Dear TenForums, https://i.imgur.com/6RE3c08.jpg https://i.imgur.com/10cQy1R.jpg I've recently bought and built a new system. However, after a couple of days of clean usage i started having Blue Lines & Dots during my booting which results in a freeze and not procede any...
  7. Windows 10 freezes on spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 freezes on spinning dots: Hello! I've got quite an annoying problem with my windows 10 desktop. Last week, I was playing games on my computer, as I do every night. While in game, my computer decided to just shut off without any warning. Since then I've restarted it about 50 times, for it to get...
  8. Freezing dots when computer is booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing dots when computer is booting: Whenever i try opening my computer, it loads the booting screen where I can press F12 or F2 to choose between setup options and boot options but on the very next screen as soon as the dot appear the screen freezes and it never unfreezes. I cannot access to safe mode or...
  9. Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?: Hi, I recently moved and tried to turn on my Windows 10 PC for the first time and got the BSOD. After trying a few of the fixes for that with no success, I decided I would simply just clean install a new Windows 10 off my bootable USB. So I used my MSi motherboard settings...
  10. Windows 10 freeze at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freeze at spinning dots: Hi all, I am currently having a problem when trying to install clean windows 10 from USB boot or upgrade win 10 to 1809 from 1803. Both have same issues cant boot to windows and my laptop freezes at the loading spinning dots screen. and the update process was not...