Windows 10: Windows freezes while FIXING C:/ during every boot!

Discus and support Windows freezes while FIXING C:/ during every boot! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello From last few days, I'm encountering blue screen errorsabout 15 days. While using my PC, it just suddenly restarted and gave that blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Avi aVi Avi, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Windows freezes while FIXING C:/ during every boot!

Hello

From last few days, I'm encountering blue screen errorsabout 15 days. While using my PC, it just suddenly restarted and gave that blue screen error.And now each time i boot my pc it starts checking and fixing drive C:/. Whats worse is that it gets strucked in between that process at stage 2 at about 81%. I even waited for an hour or more in it wait but it didn't proceeded a bit. Thats why i started ignornig that message and each time i booted my pc... I just skipped it. However still that blue comes after every 15 minutes and i had to restart my pc. However it still gave me a small window of 15 minutes to copy the files on which i had to work on my pendrive and use them on my laptop. However today i decided to compleatly update my pc to latest cumulative update and other defemder updates and thought it might fix the issue.Surprisingly, today it didn't restarted for next four hours... But started to showed me a notification "restart to fix drive error", and later restarted automatically giving that same blue screen. However this time, it stopped giving me an option to skip that disk checkup and as usual got strucked at 81%. I even tried going to advance option in recovery and boot my pc in safe mode but it just don't allow to go in without that disk checkup and gets strucked at 81%. Now I'm left with no option but to go through that disk checkup which never ends. I tried running chkdsk command in command prompt and it too gets strucked at 81%. However it now slowly slowly progresses giving error "File Record Segment 2C27A is unreadable" or "Error detected in indexing $I30 for file 299CF" while scanning each file. However the process is still extreamly slow sitting in frount of pc from one hour and still it hasn't proceeded by even a %.

This isn't the first time I'm encountering blue screen on my PC which occurred either while dual booting my PC with Linux or doing other experiments. However each time it gave me an option to access and back up my importent files. But this time i didnt did any such thing on my pc which could trigger this blue screen but still i encounterd this blue screen.

Hope you would have read my entire querry.

Can anybody help me with this?

When using command CHKDSK from cmd through recovory...I get these errors:

Windows freezes while FIXING C:/ during every boot! [​IMG]

:)

Avi aVi Avi, Jul 4, 2020

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows freezes while FIXING C:/ during every boot! :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Laptop freezes during Starting up on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you tried to perform startup repair of the computer?
    • When you say that "The screen was freeze, neither the Keyboard nor the Mouse responded.", when exactly the screen is getting freeze? Is it at login screen or while booting the computer?
    • When you switch on the computer, are you able see anything on the screen?

I suggest you to try to perform the steps which provided in the previous post and let us know the results.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows freezes while FIXING C:/ during every boot!

Updater freezes while downloading

Hi,

There are a lot of
    reasons why your Windows Update freezes. However, one common issue that causes this is
    having a corrupted system file. We suggest that you run the
    Update troubleshooter
    to fix it automatically. To run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, follow
    these steps:

• On the
      search bar, type Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      System and Security.

• Under
      Windows, click on
      Windows Update
      to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow these methods in fixing Windows Update:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

DISM
    tool
    will check the system's health and will try restoring the missing and corrupted files. To
    run the DISM
    tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a
    while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Method 3:

After doing
    Method 1
    and
    Method 2
    but the issue still persist, you can
    manually reset the Windows Update Components and Run Windows Update process again.

Resetting
    Windows Update Components
    will fix those corrupted Components and will help the Update installation quickly. To reset
    Windows Update Components, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following commands:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
        your computer and try to
        install Windows Update.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows freezes while FIXING C:/ during every boot!

1. Windows freezes while FIXING C:/ during every boot! - Similar Threads - freezes while FIXING

2. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  3. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  4. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Freshly installed window 10 freezes during boot, while window is loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freshly installed window 10 freezes during boot, while window is loading: Hi all,Really hope someone can help me out here, I've tried searching for a solution for more than a week now.I could get into BIOS fine and adjust any settings, the BIOS could read my hardware fine as well. I'm running,- MSI Z170 Krait gaming X- i5 6600k - Corsair vengeance...
  6. Freshly installed window 10 freezes during boot, while window is loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freshly installed window 10 freezes during boot, while window is loading: Hi all,Really hope someone can help me out here, I've tried searching for a solution for more than a week now.I could get into BIOS fine and adjust any settings, the BIOS could read my hardware fine as well. I'm running,- MSI Z170 Krait gaming X- i5 6600k - Corsair vengeance...
  7. Freshly installed window 10 freezes during boot, while window is loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Strucked while FIXING C:/ while booting!

Strucked while FIXING C:/ while booting!: Hello From last few days, I'm encountering blue screen errorsabout 15 days. While using my PC it suddenly restarted and gave that blue screen error. And now each time i boot my pc it starts checking and fixing drive c. Whats worse is it gets sticker in between that process...
  9. Fixing C: while Installing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fixing C: while Installing windows: I was installing windows idk if this is normal but this showed up if this is not normal can i just stop and install windows normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fixing-c-while-installing-windows/5bea225c-6786-4739-bdc9-fd059a197fe9
  10. Freezing during boot sequence

Freezing during boot sequence: Hi! I have been getting crashes and unable to boot normally because during boot it shows artifacts and/or freezes. Sometimes I would get into the log-in screen but it artifacts and then crashes again. The analyzed the most recent dump file and it showed me four files that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixing c freze