Windows 10: Windows freezing and my pc shutting down! Does anyone know why I keep have this shut down?...

Discus and support Windows freezing and my pc shutting down! Does anyone know why I keep have this shut down?... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Addict-pool [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Addict-pool, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Windows freezing and my pc shutting down! Does anyone know why I keep have this shut down?...

/u/Addict-pool, Mar 23, 2021
  2. fritoking Win User

pc freezing...shutting off...

ok .. a friend has an older p4 system that keeps freezing and instantly shutting off... replaced the power supply..replaced the ram....reformatted and reinstalled windows. was fine for a while...but now started again. not sure what it could be...possibly the motherboard? any ideas?...oh yeah..i removed the cpu and re-applied thermal paste and cleaned the heatsink...its not a heat issue

fritoking, Mar 23, 2021
  3. HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this:

1. First you click on shut down
    2. The shut down screen appears
    3. The screen turns off and then the fan starts to spin at high speed
    4. After 4-5 seconds, the fan stops
    5. The laptop is completely turned off, no lights are turned on (in most of PC's)

Well, my problem is that randomly, the Pavilion 15 freezes after step 4 has been completed, with the light of the ON/OFF button turned on forever. Sometimes it turns off correctly, but many other times this happens. If I disable the fast startup, this won't happen and it will always turn off correctly.

What can I do?
    How is it that it's random?

I've tested this with no apps running on background, so that can't be the reason, besides, no apps or programs can freeze the system after the step 4 has been completed, since they are all shut down after step 1.

Also, the fast startup option was activated when I was using Windows 8.1 and never had a single problem with this laptop.

rambomhtri, Mar 23, 2021
  4. ilgoldman Win User

Windows freezing and my pc shutting down! Does anyone know why I keep have this shut down?...

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows freezing and my pc shutting down! Does anyone know why I keep have this shut down?... :confused:*Mad Windows freezing and my pc shutting down! Does anyone know why I keep have this shut down?... :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows freezing and my pc shutting down! Does anyone know why I keep have this shut down?...

1. Windows freezing and my pc shutting down! Does anyone know why I keep have this shut down?... - Similar Threads - freezing shutting down

2. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  3. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  4. my computer keep shutting down when there's an update from windows does anyone know why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer keep shutting down when there's an update from windows does anyone know why?: help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keep-shutting-down-when-theres-an/398fbae0-4510-4d14-a04e-672fc9f60078
  5. my computer keep shutting down when there's an update from windows does anyone know why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer keep shutting down when there's an update from windows does anyone know why?: help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keep-shutting-down-when-theres-an/398fbae0-4510-4d14-a04e-672fc9f60078
  6. my computer keep shutting down when there's an update from windows does anyone know why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC does not shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC does not shut down: Almost every day when I go to turn my computer on, I see the power light is on. I wiggle the mouse and the sign on screen appears. Yet every night I very carefully make sure I am selecting shut down on the menu and click it accordingly. I see the monitor go into shut off...
  8. Pc does not shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc does not shut down: Since the latest upgrade my PC does not shut down every time. Also my wifi shows it is fine but when I try to use it nothing works. Not edge or emails can connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-does-not-shut-down/6c732fa3-17ec-4a8a-9430-bd2ded0720f3
  9. My PC does not shut down!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC does not shut down!: My PC does not shut down or restart it hangs with the circle going round until it blue screens with an error of Driver_Power_State_Failure tried to open my dump file but it's all gobbledy gook! how do I attatch the dump file please Pete...
  10. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...